Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone on Gabapentin?

Anyone on Gabapentin?

My doc put me on it several weeks ago for tingling legs.......and I mean bigtime tingling legs, 24/7. I also have tingling elsewhere (arms/intestines/head). Dang I hate being on those kinds of drugs. This is an anti seizure me, which works for peripheral neuropathy. I'm going up on it very slowly to avoid some side-effects. I love my doc.......probably the best one I've ever had.........but why would you put someone on this without caring about the state of their spine? or possible toxins? or deficient vitamin levels?

Just curious if anyone has ever been on this and how it worked for you.
    I have an appointment with a really good neuro doc, but I couldn't get in for a couple months. I can't wait to hear what he has to say.........if I live that long.
    No matter where I itch on my body (neck/arm, etc.), it sends stronger waves of tingling down my legs. Very bizarre. No.......not in diabetic range yet.

Cathy, some of my old dogs have been on it for severe orthopedic pain.

My FIL was on it for a short while for advanced neuropathy due to diabetes.

Thanks you guys!

Teacher Terry.....My dog was on very expensive shots for her arthritis pain, but it didn't do much. Then I requested the Glucosamine/chondroitin pills for her, and she's doing better. She's also been put on an Omega 3 liquid....so maybe that's helping too.
    Pinkytoe.......Just a short while? Was it not working? Too many side effects?

I think my doc doesn't tell me about side-effects anymore, 'cause he knows I'll get them then. haha

All I would say it do your due diligence and research the side effects as well as how difficult this is to come off of. Many support groups out there for people who have been damaged by it. I wouldn't touch it with a stick.

Simplemind.........I'm soooooooo aware of these brain drugs and how hard they are to get used to and even harder to get off of. I've been avoiding them at any cost. But sometimes, when symptoms get so awful, I guess I decide to give it a try. But............I'm having BIG problems when they are suggested and prescribed when the doc hasn't gone through a thorough process of ruling other things out. I feel so backed into a corner, with no one really giving a sh*t about me living or dying........or just having any quality of life. Sorry........I'm just really bummed out.

Not now. I was on Gabapentin right after a stroke back in 2012. One of the effects of the stroke was a neuropathy in my left leg. Considered idiopathic and still have it to this day. Gabapentin was discontinued after a few months. Despite all the warnings I have read I didn't have any bad effects while taking it. Perhaps it was the dosage level?

Vitamin D3 levels? Magnesium level? B6?
    Its usually better to treat the cause than the symptom...

I take around 5,000 of D3 every day, along with about 400+ of magnesium. I was taking a B complex, but I swear it makes my nerves worse, so I backed off it.
    I had my magnesium checked and it was a little high........but labs can't check the level inside the cells........which is where the problem usually is.

I like to rely on the expertise of doctor and not waste my time second guessing ...

Thread Information