Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ANone else notice the difference

Yppej
    I had a doctor like the OP describes so I switched to someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by CathyA View Post
    Are you talking about being an EMT?
    I'm talking about standards of practice.

Cathy, just in case you not aware, each member of a health profession has a mandated series of 'directions' to follow or standards in order to comply with the regulations governing their right to practice. They are very clear and specific for each profession and different professions may have slightly different modifications. This is done to protect the public and give direction to each practitioner.
    You may know all this so ignore this post please.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Yppej
    The problem with "evidence" based medicine is so many studies are funded directly or indirectly by pharmaceutical companies. It's one reason we have a opioid epidemic in this country. So-called experts said pain was a new vital sign and must be managed aggressively with drugs that could not be addictive if someone was in genuine pain when they started taking them.

I switched doctors because I got tired of overprescribing name brand drugs when generics would do, and of having to wait past my appointment times as she chatted with drug company salespeople. Their swag was all over her office. My new doctor is nothing like this.

Thread Information