Thread: Interview

Yppej

Interview

Me too Zoe Girl, if we can take back that slogan and give it an innocuous meaning. I have an interview Monday evening. I see it as a good sign the company is willing to meet with me after hours since I don't want my current employer to know I am looking.

How did you get the interview? Just a typical job posting or recruiter contact or networking?* What do you do?

I have had one in person interview in maybe 3.5 months of looking and it's not really for lack of trying (though I have had a few phone interviews as well). (not for nothing do I think of career change)

Good luck.

* I suspect that if one isn't having much luck getting work without networking, networking isn't going to help one much, unless it almost approaches nepotism and someone is really willing to pull strings.
    Trees don't grow on money

That is great! Let us know how it goes.

I took a risk and am going to a program today to help with resumes and cover letters and practice interviews. It is at our main office, eek! So I asked some advice and then told my current supervisor what I am doing. It is basically that I want in the classroom again. My last 2 supervisors were aware that as much as I loved my job I also would take an opportunity to be in the classroom, ( or move my current job to significantly training adults). He was very positive about it, but then I had a dream that he was super sad about some things. Kinda shook me up.

Yppej
    Accounts receivable and I applied on my own. Recruiters haven't had anything in my area that pays enough. I don't know if this position will pay enough either, but at least it should help keep my interviewing skills fresh. It is almost a year now since I started my current job. I figure it can't hurt to talk to them. Applying to other places is my pressure relief valve when I have a bad day at work.

Yppej
    After making it sound like an offer would be coming as soon as the storm was over the company ghosted me. I think they found someone cheaper.

Yppej
    They made me a lowball offer I rejected a couple weeks ago. Today I was glad because my annual review went well. I will probably stay put through at least the end of 2018.

Jep, that sounds good. We can brainstorm fantasy Mean Girls attaocks to keep you sane.

Thread Information