Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: March Purge

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

March Purge

Culled two work shirts and a pair of work pants today, offsetting the casual shoes and pants I bought at Saver's Tuesday. YTD totals are 10 things out and 5 in, for a net of 5 out.

Thanks for starting this, rosarugosa!

Took eleven hand-me-downs from my daughter to a friend's daughter (with my daughter's permission) - clothes and books.

I have a big bag for the thrift store.

Well...I gained some weight over the winter. Went through all my spring/summer stuff and got rid of everything that didn't fit. 5 paper boxes of clothing for the thrift shop. Back to exercise and walking and if I lose some weight I'll just enjoy buying new items.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

A treadmill. I injured my Right knee nearly 3y ago. Can't walk a normal gait and the treadmill is painful. Craigslist wouldn't sell it. i gave it to someone at work. She and her DH picked it up Saturday. So happy to have it gone.

Opened up a box that has been sitting nearby but obviously out of sight...for over 10 years? A bunch of fabric mailed to me for a fundraiser. out of state. Oops. I'm now cutting it up for quilts that I donate to charity. Box gone, fabric in my stash.

Where was this box? Under a cute woven basket with a bunch of magazine tearouts in it. The basket is Christmas themed and now in the closet with like items. The paper? On my reading pile. I'm reviewing each article that had been deemed important to save. once read, in the recycle bin. I've gone through about 1/3.

I keep a box in my quilting room for thrift store stuff. I tossed a few more items in it-cant' remember what but that box is nearly full and soon will be delivered

So even those of us who have already decluttered and minimized, can find items now and then that needs to go!

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    Cleaned out my refrigerator and food pantry. Fridge had some crumbs and sticky areas but only had to toss a few things.
    Pantry now all organized. Two big bags of food to donate to food pantry. Two adults do not need four boxes of pancake mix and syrup, four large containers of ketchup, three jars of relish... you catch my drift.

Working on on my kitchen cabinets the next few days. Taking everything out, sorting, cleaning cabinet and putting back in is time consuming.

Returned four shirts I bought to the store. New total for month: 15.

Bikes. I took two Treks to the Re-Cycle Bikes last month, yesterday one more and the Bike Trainer that was way to boring to use. I ((had)) bike issues. I use them and use them and then get a new style yet no parting of the herd. It is hard, silly and unpractical to feel sentimental over a bike that takes up space and money to repair and upgrade. I think of the miles and miles and everywhere I have been on the old girls. Passing on this one yesterday, I feel FREE of clutter. The Donation Bike store was so happy. Win win.

An old pair of glasses donated to the drop box at the eyeglass store for re-use.

My friend mentioned that she will be giving DH a hat. Another freeking free hat, oh yeah, just what he needs. The free hats and t-shirts pile up around here. I chose one of his hats, a least worn one, and put it “away” where it is out of sight/out of mind.Later it will take a journey to Never Never Land.

Thread Information