Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My Governor has been indicted :(

My Governor has been indicted :(

He was indicted for “felony invasion of privacy” for taking a photo of his mistress. She did not squeal on him and she had to be subpoenaed to testify in front of the grand jury. She did not want this incident to go public.

Where is rob to moan about men’s rights!? This is creating a victim who doesnt want to be a victim.

Ths governor is probably toast. He was looking at a White House run. He is done.

personally, I like him as a person but I think he showed bad judgement in playing sex games with his mistress a mere 24 months before he ran for governor, and he probably did attempt to buy her silence with this photo. But who cares what he does with his dick, not me. He has also made some truly questionable decisions as a new governor and he has a campaign finance issue more problematic than any skirt issue.

The real problem here is not, of course any photo. It is the abuse of power by our City Attorney and her cronies in chasing this ridiculous charge. This idiotic attorney woman keeps moaning about lack of resources in her office to prosecute murderers. Meanwhile she dallies with this. She cant even get family members of murder victims and serious gun crime into the courts to testify against killers. Why doesnt she subpoena them? Hmmm, I guess because they can’t take down a Republican of note.

Hermann, MO is looking better and better for my permenent domicile.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 2-22-18 at 7:09pm.

LOL, IL, you are able to find a totally different slant on a unique problem of our times. I don't care whether someone is GOP or Dem but I would be concerned if a politician tried to manipulate his lover as it would, to me anyway, indicate a distinct willingness for inappropriate behaviour when in office. This in turn would make him vulnerable to blackmail, would it not? Where does one draw the line on one's expectations of politicians?
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    LOL, IL, you are able to find a totally different slant on a unique problem of our times. I don't care whether someone is GOP or Dem but I would be concerned if a politician tried to manipulate his lover as it would, to me anyway, indicate a distinct willingness for inappropriate behaviour when in office. This in turn would make him vulnerable to blackmail, would it not? Where does one draw the line on one's expectations of politicians?
    He should resign, and his political career is toast.

My expectation of politicians is pretty low, in answer to your question. But as part of the wave of New non-career politicians, he has no friends in our legislature and so, he is a goner. To bad this voter attempt at cleaning house of career pols is not working.

I have the opposite view of him than I have of Donald Trump: I like Governor Greitens but dont like much of what I hear he is doing in our state. Whereas withTrump, I cant stand him but I dont mind most of his political actions.

Iris, I guess MO is just trying to catch up to Illinois' record of governors in jail!

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    Iris, I guess MO is just trying to catch up to Illinois' record of governors in jail!
    The rot from the East is invading us...

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    If anything, it shows poor judgement and detracts from important things. In this day and age, don’t people realize these things get out? Surveillance cameras everywhere, the ability of people to capture pics with cellphones.

another waste of time and money for the state government due to his stupidity and indiscretion.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    The rot from the East is invading us...
    Or maybe it's spreading from the Southwest - Arizona has witnessed two different governors impeached within a space of less than ten years (in 1988 and 1995) for shady maneuverings with public monies.........Rob

He just needs to move to Alabama and make a fresh start.

I think the issue isn’t the photo, it’s the blackmail attempt he made with it.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    I think the issue isn’t the photo, it’s the blackmail attempt he made with it.
    The actual felony charge is centered on taking her photo without her permission.

My guess is that they need more of her cooperation if they are going to stick him with a blackmail charge, and they arent getting her cooperation. Our City Attorney isnt all that good.

Thread Information