Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trump and Kim Jong-Un meet?

Trump and Kim Jong-Un meet?

I find this totally curious.........these 2 meeting in person. I'm sure there are ulterior motives with both of them.

And you know........Trump will buddy up with him while he's there, then come home and bash him again.
    I wish it was Tillerson who was going. He's more presidential and isn't intimidated. As obnoxious as Trump can be, I don't think he can stand up to other leaders, in person.

To me, it's a little scary. If Mr. Kim had been a different kind of ruler, I would be encouraged.....but something is up.
    Who knows what Trump's reasons are. Maybe only this: This morning on the news a reporter asked him about it, and Trump said something very similar to "Be sure to give ME credit for this." I couldn't believe it.
    That's all he cares about is everything being about HIM. Unbelievable.

I assume in the President's case, it looks like a Nixon-Goes-To-China opportunity.

In the Dear Leader's case, I assume it's a highly aggressive form of begging.

Comedians are drooling at this opportunity for the two toddlers to meet and compare genitalia. Both have ego's and are wanting to size each other up, and both want credit.
    Who knows, maybe Melania is on the way out and Trump is country shopping for a same sex spouse.

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    It could be a wonderful or terrible thing, given the unpredictable nature of both leaders.

During yesterday’s tariff signing I saw Trump have moments of presidential leadership and kindness towards the workers with him. Of course the outcome of that is iffy as well. If only he could de-twitter and have more moments like those when he acts like the leader of the greatest country of the world.

Williamsmith
    Quote Originally Posted by flowerseverywhere View Post
    It could be a wonderful or terrible thing, given the unpredictable nature of both leaders.

During yesterday’s tariff signing I saw Trump have moments of presidential leadership and kindness towards the workers with him. Of course the outcome of that is iffy as well. If only he could de-twitter and have more moments like those when he acts like the leader of the greatest country of the world.
    That he is the leader of the greatest country in the world, is up for debate. That he is the leader of the most predatory country in the world is not in doubt. Our military budget is just under 700 billion, China 170 billion or so, and Russia 80 billion or so. Then all the rest. Why do we spend all that money on the military? Certainly not because Russia or a China or all the rest are a threat.....it’s to protect our iron grip on the rest of the worlds population. The Dear Leader is alive because we permit him to be because he is more valuable to us alive than dead. Does anyone really believe he cannot be reached by the US? That’s why he comes to the table. Is it coincidence that Trump and Xi JinPing have open communication?

The Democrats and the Republicans fight over who will have power within the United States. They could give two craps about the citizen. They disagree as to how to keep the people from revolution. The Dems want to give things away on borrowed money, the Republicans will sing the praises of predatory capitalism. Both will drop a nuke on any country that interferes. Kim is simply asking Trump what the terms are of permitting him to remain alive.

I keep readint this title as these two guys “un meet” which is thenopposite of a meeting.

Quote Originally Posted by flowerseverywhere View Post

I just can't see Trump changing his spots. He's too deep into self-love and "winning". If something he does turns out well for the country, then it's probably just an accident.

WS, you are sounding very disheartened. Sorry to see that. I wonder how much of the US military expenditure is to meet the expectation of the world who fail to assume their share of the load vs being the bully trying to control things.

As for the two leaders, both are controlling but somehow, I think Kim Yong-Un has more of a rational strategy in mind that includes South Korea. I think Donald Trump is the more easily manipulated of the two.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Sounds to me like: Trump and Kim Jong-Un walk into a bar ...
    Trees don't grow on money

Williamsmith
    Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    WS, you are sounding very disheartened. Sorry to see that. I wonder how much of the US military expenditure is to meet the expectation of the world who fail to assume their share of the load vs being the bully trying to control things.

As for the two leaders, both are controlling but somehow, I think Kim Yong-Un has more of a rational strategy in mind that includes South Korea. I think Donald Trump is the more easily manipulated of the two.
    Question: How does the rest of the world manage to maintain their security without spending 700 billion. How does Russia and China do it? We are always hearing about cutting government spending on everything......except the military. That’s sacreligious.

Thread Information