Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roughing it in our new wee house!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Roughing it in our new wee house!

We came up to Grand Isle to see how things are, to take measurements, check out used furniture, start bringing stuff up.

There are no neighbors here this time of year, as we are the only ones with a year-round house. It's so quiet.

Since we have no furniture, we are sleeping on a twin aerobed, which had a hole in it, but which we patched with duct tape--thank God DH remembered to bring it up with us.

Since there is no water on until spring, we have jugs of water for brushing teeth outdoors, and don't ask about the other plumbing workarounds.

So DH is already asleep on the floor in front of a blazing wood stove, we have collapsible stadium chairs--the deluxe kind with the footrest, where I'm watching the fire inside as well as outside (DS is up here with us and he started the fire pit going in the snow, 36 degrees, snow on the lake). I'm going outside with him in a couple of minutes to have a beer, listen to the latest songs he wrote, and look up and actually see stars with no light pollution.

This is awesome.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

You all are roughing it, thats for sure!

Here in the city, at our tiny house gardens, I pee in a bucket when nature calls. No big deal.

DH just got beds at our weekend place and is staying there while building a dog containment system. At least, I think the beds came in. He cant get cell phone service there so
    I cant check to see what is happening. I have a flower show to monitor until Sunday and will go to
    Hermann after the show next week.

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    Enjoy. I think three planets are visible right now. Time to learn the constellations.

I am always so amazed when I see the sky without light pollution. It's hard to believe it is the same sky. Enjoy!

Catherine, this sounds absolutely wonderful!

Grand isle is the best for star watching. In the summer the perseids in August are amazing.

It sounds so wonderful, Catherine. I'm so envious......and so very happy for you!

Loved hearing about your enjoyment!
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Speaking of light pollution - I believe Lights Out is March 24th at 8:30 eastern time. Should probably double-check before I post this... lol.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Very cool! Benefits already...
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Thread Information