Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shifting out of a slump - accountability

Thank you for the encouragement, nswef & rosarugosa!

At around 11am today, I thought I posted another 15 minute goal to declutter a junky corner in my room, but it didn't end up posting. (?) Regardless, I got busy and stayed busy until now. About 3 hours have passed and the area is very near clear. It's such a relief. Yippee!

Taking a break now. May jump back in a little later.

Bravo Dez!

Does, three hours is amazing! How are you doing today?

i cleaned out my car.

Thanks, nswef & Chicken Lady!

I've gotten some pretty good momentum going. Yesterday I finished putting away and/or tossing all of the clutter on the floor of my room. Also cleared off the top of my messy nightstand, and reorganized 3 of my 4 dresser drawers, getting rid of several items. Felt great!

This morning I cleaned, decluttered & re-org'd 2 kitchen drawers and a few cabinets in the kitchen. With the cabinets, I didn't get rid of as many things as I had hoped--got a little hemmed up in decision making and kept some things out of "what if I (or someone else) needs it for..." Not sure that was the most rational thinking, & I feel a bit like I wasted some time moving stuff around for not much net gain. ...bummer.

Took a break for the last few hours & now I'm trying to decide what to go for next. . . . bookshelves? a closet? other kitchen cabinets? . . . I have the mixed blessing of living in a place where land/space are fairly cheap & my late 50s home has lots of storage spaces, most of which I've got too fully stuffed! All of the areas I'm thinking about feel pretty overwhelming.

Good for you, dez, for recognizing the blessing/curse of "storage space."
    My live-in SO has trouble with understanding why a shelf would be empty or stay empty - isn't it there for you to find something to put on it??

It will be so freeing to see your house breathe again with some empty open space. Keep going!

Quote Originally Posted by Lainey View Post
    Good for you, dez, for recognizing the blessing/curse of "storage space."
    My live-in SO has trouble with understanding why a shelf would be empty or stay empty - isn't it there for you to find something to put on it??

It will be so freeing to see your house breathe again with some empty open space. Keep going!
    yep, DH cannot
    uNderstand empty shelf space. I tell him it represents options and potential. Like yesterday, I moved his bread machine off the kitchen counter into a newly bare cupboard. He uses it in the wi ter, not terribly often, but wont use it i. The summer.

Now the kitchen counter surface is free from it, the counter is easy to clean, and the bread machine doesnt get covered with cooking splatters and dust.

Thread Information