Thread: Unstable people in public

Unstable people in public

I think i am more aware over the last 2 years about who i am around in public. I had always tried not to judge, so unless it was an obvious threat i wasn't too comcerned.

Today at taco bell a random guy stood in the middle of the lobby and asked me if i knew about cultural appropriation, then said social justice warriors were against people eating at taco bell. Very loudly he said 'how dare they!' He looked nice, clean, well dressed, etc. I was pissed off about my nice linch being affected, and that i felt very aware that i was making a safety plan to get out or go to the staff. Then the guy left talking to himself. Obviously someone takes good care of him,

Btw i know a lot of very liberal people and have never heard an issue of taco bell,

Yppej
    Maybe he could go to Pizza Hut next. How dare an American company appropriate Italian food!

They are all over the place. I walked around a guy downtown tonight who was having delusions, shouting and gestering about killing someone and etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Maybe he could go to Pizza Hut next. How dare an American company appropriate Italian food!
    Don't you mean China, as Italy got its inspiration there via Marco Polo.
    So should you be judging SJW the same as this guy, the way you judge rifle owners via a school gunman? How about law enforcement based on their lack of enforcement of existing laws here?

Yes, unstable folk are everywhere now. I never experienced so many of them until we moved here to Colorado. Wondering why so many here....

Any city has these "issues". I worked downtown in Indy for 30 years and knew who I would encounter on my walk to work. One woman yelled and screamed around the building and another huge tall man would try and scare people. Neither touched anyone but it could be scary. My response was to be polite and keep walking. Stay alert.

Rarely is there ever a physical confrontation. Although just last week 2 blocks from home a big scary guy tried to confront a woman at a bus stop. She gave him some bus fare and then he tried to steal her phone. People who saw it surrounded her and she got the phone back and took his picture. I am grateful for the good people and thankful no physical violence escalated.

Yes all over, just more used to unstable people appearing different if that makes sense? At first i thought he was just one of those annoying people who bring up controversial topics at places like work, then he kept talking to himself. Probably harmless but you have to be aware.

As far as the subject he brought up, i am not concerned. I certainly would not consider he represents anyone who does not like SJW's. We all have a few crazies in our political world!

I was assaulted on the street once by one of these "unstable people."
    I am still triggered by walking by someone who seems like this.
    I do not believe that "they rarely get physical." Ymmv.

This all started when Reagan closed down the psychiatric hospitals and decided people should get treatment in a smaller setting. What happened is that people don't get any treatment at all. They estimate 75% of the homeless population is mentally ill. The stats seem to show that very few people get attacked but if you were one of the unlucky ones I could see where you would have PTSD around the issue.

Thread Information