Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Trump and His Pennsylvania speech/confabulation, etc....

Williamsmith
    Just for anyone interested, the race for the 18th congressional district in Pennsylvania is going to come down to absentee ballots. There is less than 100 votes separating the two knuckleheads......er candidates. Probably won’t know the results until tomorrow night. May even be a recount. Perhaps the Russians are at it again.

That this race is so close in a district that voted for Trump by 22 points over Hillary.......indicates an undercurrent of disrespect for Republicans. I think no matter the outcome, one could rightly claim the pendulum is swinging back.

I can’t help also but wonder if real progressives are looking at the environment and considering if they could actually dethrone neoliberals and neocons altogether. There is an obvious vacuum to be filled. Whom shall I send and who will go for us? “Here am I Lord, send me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    I happen to know a little about the 18th district. If one wanted to know who was going to win the primary tomorrow, one would drop his buttocks in a seat at the bar of a local volunteer fire department in the district, order a ginger and jack and sit and listen. Even an incompetent pollster ought to be able to get this one right. My instinct is that since the odds have it Saccone will win, it is up to his opponent to prove he’s a better option.

Lamb, His opponent, couldn’t be more different than most of the constituents because of the filthy rich Pittsburgh suburbs where he was raised. Born in Washington DC, raised in the area populated by some of the most arrogant upper crust in Western Pennsylvania.....son of the political elite, educated in private schools and an Ivy League Law graduate, served as a lawyer with the Marines and prosecuted other Marines, matriculated seamlessly to work for very influential Judges and set up in politics by the good ole boy system, albeit with pinky extended. If Lamb wins, it would not just extend the Democrats momentum from last year.....it would be a sunami event signaling the end of life as we know it.

My unlearned opinion is that Trumps speech was well received and couldn’t have hurt Saccone at all. The wonderful reports on the expansion of the economy and increases in jobs.....well what more has to be said?
    Looks like the bar stool commentariat got it wrong.

Williamsmith
    Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    Looks like the bar stool commentariat got it wrong.
    I was slick enough to add the disclaimer that predicts the end of life as we know it! It’s obvious that Trump has pissed off his base with the gun control hoopla and the appearance of disorder in his cabinet. Permitting Betsy DeVos to do a 60 minutes interview was an unforgivable error in judgement. Life Under the Big Top.

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    Life Under the Big Top.
    How unfortunately true these days.

Thread Information