Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump and His Pennsylvania speech/confabulation, etc....

Trump and His Pennsylvania speech/confabulation, etc....

I just heard a portion of Trump's speech to his followers in PA. I just can't believe that this man is allowed to continue to be our president. He is shameful. He is arrogant. He cares for nothing except the adoration he gets from his fans. He will say or do anything to get applause. I think it's time for the men in the white coats to take him. His speech was unbelievable and a total embarrassment to our nation (not to mention the people who were so happy to hear him talk this way). What's happening to us???

What specifically do you object to?

We listened fo his St. Louis speech last fall and it was good in that he connected with the audience and was warm and funny. I dont remember specifics of what he talked about but nothing lept oit at me as awful.

Yppej
    I caught part of it, where he said if you kill one person you get the death penalty or life without parole, but if you are a drug dealer whose products kill many people you don't. He also said the drug companies have to be held accountable, but he didn't propose the death penalty for the makers of oxycontin who for years would not spend a few pennies more per pill to add a coating to make crushing the pills difficult, or who overmarketed it, and lied about its risks. The color of the drug dealer collar determines everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    I caught part of it, where he said if you kill one person you get the death penalty or life without parole, but if you are a drug dealer whose products kill many people you don't. He also said the drug companies have to be held accountable, but he didn't propose the death penalty for the makers of oxycontin who for years would not spend a few pennies more per pill to add a coating to make crushing the pills difficult, or who overmarketed it, and lied about its risks. The color of the drug dealer collar determines everything.
    Determines everything? Oh come now, I think the legality ( not the lethalness) of the drug has a little somethIng to do here with who goes to jail.

And as someone feom the ‘hood I can assure you that too few DO go to jail. Lets legalize it all and let the street boys fight it out with big pharma, haha, guess who will win.

the current trend is to yammer about oxy etc. addictions and
    I dont mean to minimize that for people who are affected, but c’mon, that is the social problem du joir, that and heroin. Scary stuff for sure.

I read a summary. To me it was just another self-promotion talk. It included his usual rail against the media and fake news. His hints at the death penalty for drug dealers was unrealistic and probably just thrown in there to get some bonus points from his base, but more evidence of his and Sessions policy of filling up our prisons and jails with more strict penalties for drug offenses. I thought it was basically a long unimportant ramble that did not say anything new.

I didn't hear the tone of his speech and I can imagine how he is capable of inspiring his base, but I wonder how parents explain to children how it's OK for the president of the United States to routinely use vulgar language. It's offensive.
    Last edited by Rogar; 3-11-18 at 1:17pm.

He insulted Maxine Waters ("low IQ"), Elizabeth Warren (Pocahontas), Chuck Todd and others. He's an absolute jerk. Whatever he ever says, he says it like a spoiled, obnoxious brat. He makes me nauseous. Let's see if he ruins the U.S. Time will tell.

He defines the word lowbrow; he can't make a speech without sounding like a carnival huckster constantly patting himself on the back. He's the ultimate proof that money can't buy class. What an international embarrassment he is.

Cathy and Jane I totally agree with you both.

Williamsmith
    Why do you gals torture yourself, you will never understand.

”if you want to tell people the truth, you better make them laugh, or they’ll kill you.”

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    Why do you gals torture yourself, you will never understand.

”if you want to tell people the truth, you better make them laugh, or they’ll kill you.”
    Believing the claim that Donald Trump conveys truth through humor would require more expansive definitions of "truth" and "humor" than I am prepared to accept.

Thread Information