Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: questions and concerns

Do you get paid for unused vacation if you leave?

because if not, take the vacation!

i once worked in a job with irregular hours and hourly pay. I had three sick days. I had to take one, and then it didn’t show up on my paycheck. When I spoke to the administration I was told that it wasn’t a standard 8 hour sick day, I had to document how many hours I would have worked that day in order to be paid. I had to spend my (unpaid) lunch break standing (literally) in the business managers office going back through old schedules (on weekly paper calendar pages) and memos to find the original schedule for the day I missed, and the memo that I had called in, make copies, and write a note. To get paid for 7.5 hours. At $5.45.

the next time they scheduled me for 13 hours on a Friday, I called in sick.

I do get paid out. I am very clear that if I still work 40 hours in the week I don't take it as vacation even if I take a chunk of time off. It has to be less than 40.

I am doing payroll right now, argh. So complicated. I have to send in their time sheets on a spread sheet, if they are a para then I have to include their day time card to prove they have worked 40 hours. Then if the week is not a full pay period they don't get paid that week until the next month while they make sure they really worked 40 to get that overtime. We only get paid once a month so that is hard to have some overtime hours wait another month, even though it makes sense. This is just the payroll for 4 out of 10 people, then I have other systems for the rest and the due time is 8 am the day after the pay period ends. I have to literally wait until everyone clocks out and then approve payroll, that part is only 4 staff at least. I hear over summer we are changing systems

THEY are changing systems - you will have a new job.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken lady View Post
    THEY are changing systems - you will have a new job.
    Yeah! And maybe a job without payroll? Just testing and data and student attendance.

Thread Information