Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 187

Thread: Two Households

  1. #151
    Senior Member iris lilies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    12,930
    Quote Originally Posted by Gardnr View Post
    Can you sew a straight seam? Go get 6 yards of flannel. Fold in half and sew a 1" seam. Trim the top at the edge. Cut the selveges off the center seam. Press 1/2 Fold all the way around. Then fold in raw edge to 1/4" and press again. top stitch all the way around.

    New flannel sheet.

    This is cheaper by far; $13.29 https://www.target.com/s/queen+size+...ue=5va1y&Nao=0
    I can sew, but I am not gonna. Haha. Or maybe I will consider that. I dont understand the first “fold in half” instruction. Dont
    I want one giant square or rectangle of fabric, and
    I just hem it all the way around?

  2. #152
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    960
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I can sew, but I am not gonna. Haha. Or maybe I will consider that. I dont understand the first “fold in half” instruction. Dont
    I want one giant square or rectangle of fabric, and I just hem it all the way around?
    Flannel will only be about 40" wide. Hence fold the 6y in half (easier to sew first then cut apart.)

  3. #153
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    960
    We arrived last night at 7PM. !5 minutes to clean. Brought in the few things we brought and we're "on vacation" from the rat race. It's always so relaxing when we're here. love it!

  4. #154
    Senior Member iris lilies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    12,930
    I over-bought at the thrift store.

    After having a house full of guests I was feeling a little needy of bedding, so
    I bought two flat sheets, 5 pillow cases, and a big ass comforter. Sure they werent expensive, but the comforter is unnecessarily big, not sure I can stuff it into the washing machIne.

    I havent dealt with futons before, so
    i didnt understand until I looked carefully at it that it has a cover that is washable. The pillows are removable covers. But these pillow are square so none of the excess pillow cases work on them.

    I will still have to purchase two pillows.

    we will need one of those quality blow up mattresses.

    i think the flat sheets will come in handy in any scenario of dust covers or furniture covers-from-dogs, but the excess comforter and pillow cases are bugging me.

  5. #155
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    5,342
    When I end up in a situation like that I just donate it back to the thrift store.

  6. #156
    Senior Member iris lilies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    12,930
    Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    When I end up in a situation like that I just donate it back to the thrift store.
    You may be right here. This giant comforter is clean. If I let it lie around for months, it will get dusty. As
    I said I am not sure I can squeeze it into the washer.

    returning it is probably the best solution.

    I do also return thngs to the thrifts, donating them of course. But this was expensive. $12.50! Tell me it is ok to lose this money! Haha, just kidding.

  7. #157
    Senior Member catherine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    VT/NJ
    Posts
    8,334
    Well, I'm so excited! DH dug me a sunflower garden today! The faux log cabin exterior is bland and even a little tacky, but we're not doing anything with it for a while. So I decided to give it a little attitude by lining the back of the house (south-facing) with short and tall sunflowers.

    Front of the house is getting new window trim (from white to sea foam) with matching window boxes. DH bought heather because he's always wanted a "wee hoose mang the heather".

    I've planted tomatoes, cucumbers, squash, zucchini, kale, lettuce, basil, rosemary, mint, parsley, and marigolds and morning glories.

    So it's all coming together!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

  8. #158
    Senior Member iris lilies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    12,930
    Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Well, I'm so excited! DH dug me a sunflower garden today! The faux log cabin exterior is bland and even a little tacky, but we're not doing anything with it for a while. So I decided to give it a little attitude by lining the back of the house (south-facing) with short and tall sunflowers.

    Front of the house is getting new window trim (from white to sea foam) with matching window boxes. DH bought heather because he's always wanted a "wee hoose mang the heather".

    I've planted tomatoes, cucumbers, squash, zucchini, kale, lettuce, basil, rosemary, mint, parsley, and marigolds and morning glories.

    So it's all coming together!
    sounds very cute! Och, the number of times I planted heather in the past! It doesnt take.

    here is DH’s sunflower-and-zinnia bed:

    88D48E91-71F0-485E-BA02-3901D748E5B1.jpg

  9. #159
    Senior Member catherine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    VT/NJ
    Posts
    8,334
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    sounds very cute! Och, the number of times I planted heather in the past! It doesnt take.

    here is DH’s sunflower-and-zinnia bed:

    88D48E91-71F0-485E-BA02-3901D748E5B1.jpg
    Re the heather: Yeah, I know, but DH is adamant. Apparently you need acidic soil and full sun. DH insists I plant it in an area with quite a bit of shade. I don't argue, I do it. I'll let you know what happens.

    Re the sunflowers and zinnia: OMG, that is DH/my marriage made in heaven. DH adores zinnias. They are so wild in their different heights and colors. Beautiful garden!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

  10. #160
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    5,342
    IL: I love your husband’s �� flowers

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •