Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Two Households

Now what you really need is the mission armchairs and maybe a wicker rocker and a sleeping porch with a day bed, so the guests can sleep out there. . .

I sort of regret buying a sofa too but at least it is apartment size. I just figured it would be an additional sleeping spot with cushions removed if needed. I am at a point in life that if I buy something that does not work, I switch it out for something else as funds allow. The swirl of stuff in our lives amazes me.

I'm sorry it isn't working out, Catherine. It's kind of funny, but you had shown a picture not too long ago of the sofa in your house, and I liked it better than I would have expected.
    I am not great at visualizing things that are not yet in place, and that is definitely a disadvantage when it come to design.

I LOVE this picture that my DD's best friend took of my "living room" and posted on Instagram. Because it's not downloadable, the quality isn't great, but I love the overall vibe. I posted a comment, "Gee, I'd love to live there."

IMG_4492.jpg
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Is that a Lopi stove? Looks just like one we had in upstate NY and it was great.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Is that a Lopi stove? Looks just like one we had in upstate NY and it was great.
    I had to find the box the previous owners left. Apparently it's an Avalon which means nothing to me, although it might when I try to stay warm this fall!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town

How long will you stay there? Is it insulated?

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    How long will you stay there? Is it insulated?
    The house is insulated. The homeowners (young couple with small child) stayed here year round, but one the neighbors told me they "froze their a$$es off."

Does it have a heat source other than a wood stove? Are you missing your other home?

Apparently they are made by same company and are branded differently for diff. Market share!

Thread Information