Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Two Households

I planted the last of my intentionally moved iris yesterday. Some of these irises have resided now at 5 locations. Every time I move a big garden of iris, I lose some. I have 300 cultivars listed in my database but probably have lost 1/3 of them. We shall see.

Next spring when iris are in bloom, I will take a few more surveys of the old iris grounds, dig any that are special or perhaps missing, and relocate them. Then I will open it all up to iris society folks and neighbors to come and dig whatever they want.

You all may remember that we have, in our Hermann house, a mural covering 4 walls of our entry way. The mural was painted decades ago by one of Hermann’s leading citizens and artists. She is long dead.

yesterday we went to a craft show event put on by the local art club. It is the same art club that was started by Anna who who painted my mural. I walked up to the woman at the entry gate and said hey there,I live in Anna’s house. She immediately asked if the mural was still there.

So we talked about the Mural and it was as I intended it to be, she is very interested in taking that mural off my hands.

i wrote down my contact info for her and listed my address incorrectly. She immediately gave me the correct address! She knew it off the top of her head. She had visited my hoise many times in the past.

These Hermann people are crazy abpit their history.

Here are poor images of the mural
    B22C39D3-2799-4FB0-8338-282DCE945CBA.jpg5CC73D5A-EEE8-4906-8B9D-7980F1765E48.jpg

We toured a house here in Indy that had very old murals on the plaster all along the picture rail. It was a wonderful house that was moved and well restored. Just not the right neighborhood then for us. The murals were a selling point (they did not need to move the walls. So glad someone is interested in them.
    Last edited by sweetana3; 10-15-18 at 7:28pm.

Do they cut walls to take the mural out?

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Do they cut walls to take the mural out?
    It is on canvas. Fortunately, we are probably going ro move SOME of the walls of the mural, and as for the rest will probably remove the old wallboard that isnt up to modern standards, so as I told her, we are more concerned about preserving the mural than the walls.

Really interesting to know that murals can be moved. They are not usually on canvas though, are they? Where could they be moved to to preserve them?

That’s great IL! So how is the Hermann house coming?

At my weekend house I have socks in the top drawer of my dresser, and underwear in drawer two. At home this is reversed. Confusing!

Lately I have been carrying food back and forth, never my intent. In Hermann we have two jars of jalepeno peppers and none at home, so will take one home. I took a large container of green salad Hermann because it woild just get old at home over the few days we are gone.

We continue with the practice of taking a plastic tub back and forth to both places, each time moving things back and forth as one time moves. This is separate from the container of dog medication that always travels with us, that and my IPAD.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 11-3-18 at 8:56pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    That’s great IL! So how is the Hermann house coming?
    Other than felling trees ( three yesterday) no progress on the house itself.

Two parties of Hermann’s leading citizens came by our house to assess the mural in our entryway. They conferred, and believe that they can remove it without damage. They have a tentative place to put it, on one big wall at the county records building. The artist is well known around here.

I called a Hermann antique dealer to look at a big walnut cabinet that goes from floor to Ceiling. It is in nice condition. We are giving it to him for free if he hauls it away.

Thread Information