Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast

Thread: Two Households

Good question, sweetana!

Quote Originally Posted by sweetana3 View Post
    "for a way to make the Color Intensity people happy and Beige-Is-Best me happy, too"

Why are you trying to make family and friends happy in the home you and husband have to live in everyday? Do they live with you full time?
    You're right! DH is the only one with a real say. It would definitely make things simple if I do what I want and then give only DH veto power. It's hard for me to trust my instincts.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Beige is a color, white is a color and you can add accents in the things you surround yourself with. Besides paint is cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    I like your palette inspiration!

I actually like all of those rooms but I will tell you in the third example, your house isn’t big enough to have one giant teal wall. My friend, the one I’m talking about who has a big house and all the stuff, she has one teal wall in her dining room and while I do not like that color I don’t mind it in her house because she has a big house.

Imho of course. Color is so subjective.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I like your palette inspiration!

I actually like all of those rooms but I will tell you in the third example, your house isn’t big enough to have one giant teal wall. My friend, the one I’m talking about who has a big house and all the stuff, she has one teal wall in her dining room and while I do not like that color I don’t mind it in her house because she has a big house.

Imho of course. Color is so subjective.
    I totally agree about using the bold teal color on a whole wall. That's why I was thinking just the door. There are so many colors I love, which makes it so hard to decide. I love soft blue-green, I love yellow-green, sage, navy, hunter green, pepper red, terra-cotta, yellow. Colors I don't like are mainly in the pink family--yuck. I do like purple as long as it's "royal" purple and not lavender.

That's why I think keeping walls neutral is the best plan. Then I can be like the Food Network woman who changes the kitchen color to match her outfit--she just swaps out towels, pots and other accessories. If I go beige, I can change pillows, throws and vases any time I want!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    I totally agree about using the bold teal color on a whole wall. That's why I was thinking just the door. There are so many colors I love, which makes it so hard to decide. I love soft blue-green, I love yellow-green, sage, navy, hunter green, pepper red, terra-cotta, yellow. Colors I don't like are mainly in the pink family--yuck. I do like purple as long as it's "royal" purple and not lavender.

That's why I think keeping walls neutral is the best plan. Then I can be like the Food Network woman who changes the kitchen color to match her outfit--she just swaps out towels, pots and other accessories. If I go beige, I can change pillows, throws and vases any time I want!
    I always love getting the "yuk" vote... I tend to like warm colors like coral, magenta, red...

I love the print fabric in the chiang mai photos, and the soothing kitchen with the yellow chairs.

I found a blue green/teal that I really liked, but it was WAY to dark/bold for the size of rooms/lighting and I generally don't do good with blue rooms (depressing color). However, I saw that color on shutter of a house on the way to my credit union, and the main color looks grey in one light, and pale green in another. (with white trim). It was a color combination that makes me think waterfront property house. (stood out while not outshowing the colors/etc of the natural plants/flowers, etc)

Geila
    I've always loved lots of color and have always had every room different. But last year I painted over some yellow walls with this color and I really love it. It's so clean and bright. Sometimes it looks bluish, sometimes greenish, depending on the natural light:

My living room was sunny yellow with a bright blue door and I painted the door to match the walls and now it looks so much better. On my brown couch I have lots of turquoise, teal and yellow pillows and throws and it all looks cheerful but relaxed at the same time. Now my plan is to paint the whole interior this color. It makes the rooms feel so much more spacious. I guess I'm entering a new season.

Thats so nice, Geila! It's actually very similar to the color I have in my family room which is RH Silver Sage: https://www.restorationhardware.com/...Id=prod1161246

I also love the way the light plays with the color. And my complementary colors are shades of red/orange. I was thinking that the EASIEST thing to do would be just transport the colors that worked for me in NJ to VT! Why not? (But I do want to add yellow to the. mix.)

Geila
    Hey, that Silver Sage does look a lot like it! And why not use what worked before? One of my favorite authors is Dr. Clarissa Pinkola Estes and she says this about wisdom: "Wisdom is what works." So there you have it!

Are you thinking a yellow wall or accents? I have this Ikea dresser which I love - it's painted pine so you see the wood grain through the color stain. The drawers are lined with yellow & white paper, and the dimensions are perfect - roomy and deep and they extend all the way (I bet it would be fab as living room storage): https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/p...421/#/30360411

Thread Information