Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Trump Dead Pool

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    I personally would cheer and dress up a bit if Jeff Sessions were fired. I know someone in the 85006 who is legitimately disabled due to intense back pain for which they have a medical marijuana card. This person is terrified of Jeff Sessions going after legit medical marijuana patients and I don't blame them. I'd like to think Jeff Sessions knew better but I doubt it - but even so, can you imagine the lawsuit income Jeff Sessions may generate for those he attempts to make victims? I'd sue so fast no human head would be able to spin - it would be like dialing for dollars. One would think Jeff Sessions would know this but I gather he can't grasp that if you victimize people this way, they will strike back via litigation, and some of the winners will use their settlements to legally buy their way into other countries. (Bulgaria is a good bet now as Bulgaria allows you to buy your way in and once you are in the rest of the EU is your oyster - at least once you have a Bulgarian passport).

Point being, Jeff Sessions truly is a stupid man for not grasping how many people would sue for max dollar and then run. Someone with so weak a grasp of human nature, especially in the lower social classes (and in a country in which the middle class is rapidly shrinking and the lower classes are rapidly growing) - is this the type of person who America needs as Attorney General? No. Just no. That simple. Just no. Rob

I agree that Jeff Sessions is an all-around despicable human being--Elizabeth Warren was silenced when she tried to quote Coretta Scott King regarding his character.

Marijuana laws will continue to be relaxed because millions of cannabis users find relief using it (including my relative who recently suffered a stroke, who uses it--instead of opioids--for pain). As much as some want to turn back progress (on many fronts), there are plenty of us who won't let that happen.

I have no lost love for Sessions conservative attitudes, but I do have a small degree of respect for him. It's his job to head enforcement of the law of the land. There are at least a few issues, like marijuana and immigration, that have been handled by presidential executive order or have been historically overlooked, which are flimsy and temporary ways of handling things. Laws that have become obsolete or no longer work should be changed by congress without band aids from the few top power authorities of the day.

Williamsmith
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    I have no lost love for Sessions conservative attitudes, but I do have a small degree of respect for him. It's his job to head enforcement of the law of the land. There are at least a few issues, like marijuana and immigration, that have been handled by presidential executive order or have been historically overlooked, which are flimsy and temporary ways of handling things. Laws that have become obsolete or no longer work should be changed by congress without band aids from the few top power authorities of the day.
    You didn’t just say “Congress” and use a verb in the same sentence did you?

I guess that is true, but I did have restraint in quoting Mark Twain, “Congress, that great benevolent asylum for the helpless.”

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    I personally would cheer and dress up a bit if Jeff Sessions were fired. I know someone in the 85006 who is legitimately disabled due to intense back pain for which they have a medical marijuana card. This person is terrified of Jeff Sessions going after legit medical marijuana patients and I don't blame them. I'd like to think Jeff Sessions knew better but I doubt it - but even so, can you imagine the lawsuit income Jeff Sessions may generate for those he attempts to make victims? I'd sue so fast no human head would be able to spin - it would be like dialing for dollars. One would think Jeff Sessions would know this but I gather he can't grasp that if you victimize people this way, they will strike back via litigation, and some of the winners will use their settlements to legally buy their way into other countries. (Bulgaria is a good bet now as Bulgaria allows you to buy your way in and once you are in the rest of the EU is your oyster - at least once you have a Bulgarian passport).

Point being, Jeff Sessions truly is a stupid man for not grasping how many people would sue for max dollar and then run. Someone with so weak a grasp of human nature, especially in the lower social classes (and in a country in which the middle class is rapidly shrinking and the lower classes are rapidly growing) - is this the type of person who America needs as Attorney General? No. Just no. That simple. Just no. Rob
    If there is a federal law prohibiting marijuana that makes no exception for medical use, what would be your grounds for suing the feds for damages if they were to begin enforcing it? And even if you could, how would you go about establishing that such enforcement caused you to be harmed?

Williamsmith
    Federal law does not distinguish medicinal or recreational use .....both are punishable. There are consequences for people who simply obtain a state medicinal marijuana permit....they cannot purchase a firearm. Which means some people will choose to self medicate with black market illicit drugs instead of monitored medical marijuana just so they can keep their right to bear arms which is a terrible consequence. I personally find that a chronic alcoholic is much more dangerous around firearms than anyone who uses marijuana.

Thread Information