Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Communication! (Maybe)

Lol, I can invite people over without cleaning up too, because Nobody I would want in my house cares what it looks like.

big on relaxing. Totally indifferent to neat.

Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    Around here we have a phenomenon that something mechanical or electronic isn't working until I touch it. We refer to that as the "Technician Not Present error".
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

None of my friends cares what my house looks like and I don't care about their's either. I find it relaxing to be in a neat environment versus chaos.

You got that I started out with laughing, right?

i am a serious introvert. Also, I like a little chaos. Complete order feels very static and dead to me - also constricting, like, don’t do anything, because whatever you do, it’s downhill from here.

I did get that) I just didn't want you to think my friends were snobs. That's funny that you like a little chaos. You have a unique personality but if we were all the same life would be boring indeed. My MIL was a hoarder and had trouble throwing things away. Not garbage but things she had bought or was given. She was also one of the nicest, kindest people on this planet. She died too young at 66 from a medical error and at her funeral I had all her friends telling me how much she loved me. That was a real gift.

Let me relate a life story that touches on some of these issues:

For years oir house was in consruction mode.There was subflooring all around, ladders and a welding tank
    were stored in the living room. Kitchen cabinets were partially built and there were no doors which required me to wipe off the surface of each plate before we used it because plaster dust. Furniture came from the alley because of dogs and plaster dust and grime.

My haven in this sea of chaos was the houses of my friends. I loved going to places like Teacher Terry’s well ordered and carefully decorated house for dinner or drinks. Certainly
    I enjoyed the magnificence of some of these houses’s architectural features, but even the simple houses were a pleasure to visit because they were clean and orderly.

so thank you to the universe to those who have nicely kept houses for us to have respite from the storm!

Let me relate a life story that touches on some of these issues:

For years our house was in construction mode.There was subflooring all around, ladders and a welding tank
    were stored in the living room. Kitchen cabinets were partially built and there were no doors which required me to wipe off the surface of each plate before we used it because plaster dust. Furniture came from the alley because of dogs and plaster dust and grime.

My haven in this sea of chaos was the houses of my friends. I loved going to places like Teacher Terry’s well ordered and carefully decorated house for dinner or drinks. Certainly
    I enjoyed the magnificence of some of these houses’ architectural features, but even the simple houses were a pleasure to visit because they were clean and orderly.

so thank you to the universe to those who have nicely kept houses for us to have respite from the storm!
    Last edited by iris lilies; 3-20-18 at 12:23pm.

Thread Information