Thread: resume question, and how are the other job seekers doing?

resume question, and how are the other job seekers doing?

I was thinking of all the others out there, Tradd and more, that are looking for jobs. How is it going? I find it really exhausting and a lot of work. I am developing a cheerleading group however, my sister just sent me a job lead.

I am adapting my resume for a specific job and for this I was thinking about adding a section called 'significant collaborations'. It fits for this job because it is with an organization that I have collaborated with before, however I may want to keep it for other jobs. Hmmm, deep thoughts here.

Yppej
    I would just say collaborations and drop the word significant.

I put my job search on hold. Later this month I have my annual review and I want to see how that goes. I have not found similar compensation for the same or a better commute elsewhere despite looking on my own and checking in with recruiters.

I’ve decided to stay put for the time being. I’ve not found similar position with similar pay and this pays for my diving. Things go in spurts. OK for now.

Thanks for the tip, I am working on a basic cover letter for all teaching positions in my district and one specifically for this job I am thinking of. I was thinking about doing more of a soft job search, after all I am excited about my summer program. However the last week or so has really tanked and I need to push harder.

I understand however not pushing if things are back to workable. Many of the jobs I have seen that I could easily get are at a significant pay cut, cannot do that! There is a tiny part of me that hopes something will really improve in some way,

Somewhat on hold for a short while as I have another interview with a different company next week and am thinking about that right now. The last interview, I don't know, it was ok (not that I have a job offer or anything), but I'd be commuting like 3 hours a day from where I live now and at least 2 1/2 hours a day from where my boyfriend lives, so honestly it's not particularly practical and I'm not sure I'd even take it over unemployment! It also doesn't significantly add to my skillset in any way that i could see it as short term pain for long term gain really. 2 hours or so a day commuting I can and have done, and it's exhausting but what can you do as it's pretty typical, but more than that becomes pretty untenable. Why even interview for such stuff? Oh I get scared, and when I'm really scared recruiters can talk me into pretty much anything!

Although honestly I suspect the better LONG TERM answer that I might be happy about 10 years from now, if things are that bad that I'm thinking 3 hour commutes, is to do something new (retrain) but that's really scary and I really don't know if that would work out and get me a job and it's much easier to just take the short term relief of pain. Anyway I have an interview and I hope I do well. If I could get a half reasonable job I would take it of course.
    Trees don't grow on money

Just applied for two jobs because this thread kind of got me going to do so. Thanks!

Yeah! That totally encourages the teacher in me

Thread Information