Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sunday Fun-day! (job applications)

Sunday Fun-day! (job applications)

Yeah! This is my job for today, push my rear through applying for jobs. Maybe do some laundry and spend some time with grandbaby.

Meanwhile I asked some advice of my job coach and she asked if I needed it at Spring Break, um no. I am not waiting on anything that long! So she is not that available right now.

I have moments of total excitement, and other moments when I feel that I am ready to be living in a van down by the river (if you know that old SNL skit).

Me too, applying for jobs today--just got applications in for two., and it feels good!

Okay, keep checking in if you need encouragement. I love to hear, i have too many people around who talk and never do

I used to wonder at my coworker 2 jobs ago at a dead end job (we joked about how bad it was to make it bearable - dead-end and no raises). I used to wonder at them not being more ambitious (they are so underemployed and so over-educated also) as I kept periodically trying to get out of there. I don't wonder now. They are working after all and I'm 4 months unemployed.

It is true if everything goes right I might still end up better off in the long run (because a dead end job still goes nowhere even if it's a darn bit better than no job). But maybe not.
    Trees don't grow on money

ANM I have been there too, a little judgy for people who are not trying. However the higher up you go, the farther you have to fall. I was at Target for years after finishing my masters, and it sucked. But I stuck with it. I am thinking that if this goes to crap before I feel solid where I will land I will get a weekend job and pay into Social Security or just use all that money to pay off the student loan. At least I can show I am always employed.

Then I read something that one hiring CEO type person didn't want someone who was already employed, go figure.

Applied for an Americorps Program Manager job, have a few more to work on today.

Yppej
    A treeplanting job sure looked good to me, get out of the office and accomplish something that will last for generations, but it was only a summer gig. I can see the appeal of Americorps.

I had city year at my school doing programming for 2 years1, and had a great collaboration. They had the same dress code as the ones who worked outdoors however. There is a big variety of programs under the americorps umbrella. It pays what i basically need and i could still qualify for loan forgiveness programs. It feels like a very good fit with som e growth.

Now for restorative practice jobs, lotsof those. But not on this tablet which isa pain and typesup badly!

I have had a couple of weeks of no replies to apps I've sent, to be honest I'm not sure I would of enjoyed them anyway. Need to get back to applying.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

These are the times that I really want someone like a partner, boyfriend, spouse. More to just do some fun things and distract myself, focus on another person more. And encouragement is also helpful,

Yppej
    I got an offer today but turned it down. During the interview they asked what pay I was expecting, then offered me $1.00 an hour less and their employee portion of medical premiums is twice what I am paying now. Plus they had said they typically do not give annual pay increases, whereas where I am now word of mouth is everyone gets something. I will find out soon.

Thread Information