Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Voter manipulation techniques

Williamsmith
    Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    Recently, I read the results of a poll about Republicans vs Trump. It seems that the 'base' identify' themselves as Trump supporters in substantially higher number than identify themselves as Republican. Perhaps the data-mining contacts contributed to this.

Would it be possible for the Republican leadership to have a 'tiger by the tail'? Is it possible that they are helpless to control Trump who knows that the base will support him even if the Republicans will not?

I truly believed and stated on this site that the checks and balances of political power in the US would manage whatever leader is selected by whatever party. Am I wrong on this?
    The checks and balances you speak of were arranged by thinkers in a time when the voting citizen was for lack of better terms, “more human”. The control of democracy by control of the voter in more than just an appeal to rational thought is a recent invention of the last few decades. The refining of that control by the financal sector assisted by the technocrats and the pharmaceutical CEO’s is perhaps what has weakened the checks and balances through the narrowing of the humanness of the voter.

The average voter now is probably taking at least five prescription medications, at least one which mediates the mental health “defect” and places them in a condition that fits the idea psychiatrists have created for “normal”. That voter is much less likely to have a reflective moment based on an appeal to the moral obligations of a society. That voter can be relied upon to be consistent in his/her ideologies because they want to be free from anxiety, fear and worry. And the technology provided by constanly placing data about themselves onto the internet free for the technocrats to harvest is all the information that is needed to predict outcomes and even create strategies to influence outcomes.

It is a bleak view of the society make up of controlled serfs. But perhaps not so science fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post

The average voter now is probably taking at least five prescription medications, at least one which mediates the mental health “defect” and places them in a condition that fits the idea psychiatrists have created for “normal”.
    Can you link to where you are getting these figures? Thanks!

Williamsmith
    Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Can you link to where you are getting these figures? Thanks!
    This is a summary of the CDC report. Link to the report attached. There is a distinct sense that the facts have not caught up with the trending due to a lag in reporting years. But I highlight what I think is interesting on the prescription drug front. Remember this has no bearing on the over the counter drugs we take and it does not try to address the disagreements among doctors and psychiatrists about some of the drugs that are not included as psychotropics or mind altering or management drugs. For instance, a drug that is used to address one chronic ailment might have a cross over effect on the brain.

Regardless of my exaggeration...which I suggest as science fiction, it is altogether accurate to say we are the most drugged society on the planet and trending toward more use not less. What is of concern is “polypharmacy.”
    https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/hus/hus16.pdf

See page 25

Prescription drug use over the past 40 years has been affected by many factors, including medical need, prescription drug development, increased direct-to-consumer advertising,
    and expansions in health insurance and prescription drug coverage (62–64). Even though Americans are now living longer lives, a greater fraction of older Americans are living with several chronic conditions that may require multiple medications. As prescription drug use increases, however,
    so do concerns about polypharmacy. Polypharmacy— which is commonly defined as taking five or more drugs— increases the risk of drug interactions, adverse drug events, nonadherence, and reduced functional capacity.

The utilization chart shows an radical increase in the use of prescriptions drugs over the last twenty years. But all we need to do is watch television to know that. And how many anti depression drugs are pushed through advertising. As a culture we are being convinced, something is wrong with us. When you have your check up don’t forget to ask your doctor about ....”name a drug”.

This is a summary of the CDC report. Link to the report attached. There is a distinct sense that the facts have not caught up with the trending due to a lag in reporting years. But I highlight what I think is interesting on the prescription drug front. Remember this has no bearing on the over the counter drugs we take and it does not try to address the disagreements among doctors and psychiatrists about some of the drugs that are not included as psychotropics or mind altering or management drugs. For instance, a drug that is used to address one chronic ailment might have a cross over effect on the brain.

Regardless of my exaggeration...which I suggest as science fiction, it is altogether accurate to say we are the most drugged society on the planet and trending toward more use not less. What is of concern is “polypharmacy.”
    https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/hus/hus16.pdf

See page 25

Prescription drug use over the past 40 years has been affected by many factors, including medical need, prescription drug development, increased direct-to-consumer advertising,
    and expansions in health insurance and prescription drug coverage (62–64). Even though Americans are now living longer lives, a greater fraction of older Americans are living with several chronic conditions that may require multiple medications. As prescription drug use increases, however,
    so do concerns about polypharmacy. Polypharmacy— which is commonly defined as taking five or more drugs— increases the risk of drug interactions, adverse drug events, nonadherence, and reduced functional capacity.

The utilization chart shows an radical increase in the use of prescriptions drugs over the last twenty years. But all we need to do is watch television to know that. And how many anti depression drugs are pushed through advertising. As a culture we are being convinced, something is wrong with us. When you have your check up don’t forget to ask your doctor about ....”name a drug”.
    Thanks--I am looking at relevant part of p. 25 but I am not seeing a majority of people being on 5 or more drugs ("average voter")--

"Between 1988–1994 and 2013–2014, the percent of adultsreporting the use of five or more prescription drugs in thepast 30 days rose—by 2.7 percentage points for adults aged18–44, 12.8 percentage points for adults aged 45–64, and 28.4percentage points for adults aged 65 and over. In contrast,the percentage of adults reporting the use of one to fourprescription drugs between these two periods remainedstable for adults aged 18–44 and 45–64, while decreasing foradults aged 65 and over.Figure 15. Prescription drug use in the past 30 days among adults aged 18 and over, by age and number of drugs taken:United States, 1988–1994 through 2013–2014"

I can't get the chart to copy, but the 5 or more drug people in the middle are the ages 45 to 64. Use is lower in younger and higher in older. but in the middle group, number of people on 5 or more drugs is 20% of that population. Even in the oldest cohort, it is only 42%, and that is ages 65 and older.

I do not see where the psychotropic meds are separated out? Is that in the CDC report?

Williamsmith
    Thanks--I am looking at relevant part of p. 25 but I am not seeing a majority of people being on 5 or more drugs ("average voter")--

"Between 1988–1994 and 2013–2014, the percent of adultsreporting the use of five or more prescription drugs in thepast 30 days rose—by 2.7 percentage points for adults aged18–44, 12.8 percentage points for adults aged 45–64, and 28.4percentage points for adults aged 65 and over. In contrast,the percentage of adults reporting the use of one to fourprescription drugs between these two periods remainedstable for adults aged 18–44 and 45–64, while decreasing foradults aged 65 and over.Figure 15. Prescription drug use in the past 30 days among adults aged 18 and over, by age and number of drugs taken:United States, 1988–1994 through 2013–2014"

I can't get the chart to copy, but the 5 or more drug people in the middle are the ages 45 to 64. Use is lower in younger and higher in older. but in the middle group, number of people on 5 or more drugs is 20% of that population. Even in the oldest cohort, it is only 42%, and that is ages 65 and older.

I do not see where the psychotropic meds are separated out? Is that in the CDC report?
    I have to admit some assumptions. One of them that the actual under reporting of the use of psychotropics.....is due to the social stigma and the prevelance of illegal substance use such as cocaine, methamphetamines, LSD, opioids, etc. all these create changes in the brain chemistry. And you can include alcohol, marijuana, and even nicotine and caffeine. Here is a CDC link to NCHS and a 2012 report on upward trends of use. Where this sits as we speak? Can only assume higher rates continuing.

Williamsmith
    https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/ppt/nchs2012/ss-22_jonas.pdf

I noticed that white males are using psychotropics at a much higher rate.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/ppt/nchs2012/ss-22_jonas.pdf

I noticed that white males are using psychotropics at a much higher rate.
    I'm still confused, as this is a study of 12-17 year olds, not voting adults?

Williamsmith
    I'm still confused, as this is a study of 12-17 year olds, not voting adults?
    Are you confused or do you have an agenda.....come out and state your objections. You may have the last word.

Are you confused or do you have an agenda.....come out and state your objections. You may have the last word.
    I was struck by the figures you quoted as they seemed really high to me .
    I like to look at the data myself, to see if it looks like reliable data. No agenda, seeking
    To understand what you are saying and what you were basing your statement on.

Thread Information