Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reckless Driving

Yppej
    He is not working while in college. I am hoping he qualifies for a court appointed attorney.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    He is not working while in college. I am hoping he qualifies for a court appointed attorney.
    I don’t think you want a court-appointed attorney for this.

I agree with bae. The whole thing sounds fishy and like the cop is hoping that your son's ignorance will turn into a win for the cop. Good legal advice, someone like 1-800-getoutofyourticket.com (yes that's made up but I'm sure you've seen the ads/billboards for this type of attorney) would probably be exactly what your son needs.

Find the attorney who does all the driving defenses,usually the ones that advertise the drunk driving criminal stuff. They are skilled at understanding the laws and the way they are used and will be able to come up with a vigorous defense. They also have perspective and will help you calm down, or at least the one I hired for my son did. He knew the gravity of everything but also knew what was important in the long run.

Yppej
    Still no citation in the mail, and in reading state law citations are supposed to be issued on the spot except in cases of vehicular homicide or if the driver speeds away and can't be pursued for public safety reasons.

My son does not want to call the court and possibly stir up a forgotten charge, but being in limbo is wearing on the both of us.

Yppej
    I am thankful today that no charges have come. He learned his lesson. His auto insurance renewed with no points added in August, so it's not like a citation got lost in the mail.

Thread Information