Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Order Dog Meds Online?

I struggle with doing too little or not enough for my loved 4 legged friends. I never used to, ever. Then again I do not remember so many treatments, meds, options for therapy and the list goes on. And then everything with pets got so expensive as you all know.

Here is the story of my crazy cat lady neighbor 3 small dogs and 4 outdoor feral cats. Myself and my other neighbor have come to the idea that the cat lady calls the Vet daily and the pets have more problems than ever imagine. If you call daily and visit a few times a week, the Vet will find issues, treatments anything to keep "owner" happy. Her bills total last year were $1400 a month generally it was $900. I know a few who visit this same Vet and they are not filling prescriptions weekly or treatments often. It is the Owner. I was thinking Vet was a pill pusher, no we all realized it was her. Side note she is a kind person.

Tere are people like that too who seek treatment for every tiny thing. Many doctors respond with scripts.

I fall on the side of too little treatment but I do watch their quality of life, that is my main determining factor as well as my own qaulity of life. A dailey treatment for a cat would be, for instance, not something I would do because it interferes with my own quality of life. The pets must be able to live companionably in our chosen lifestyle. Our dogs do get daily meds but that is easy, pop him a pill in cheese, squeeze eye drops in their eyes.

I gently tell this lady a similar line. That I feel my loved pets are to serve me and bring me joy. She hates that and says I am mean. I say I cannot afford her method. Her response is the same every time, "I would live in a cardboard box to make sure they have what they need". Oh yes this has been happening for 8 years now between us....then we go out to lunch

Quote Originally Posted by BikingLady View Post
    I gently tell this lady a similar line. That I feel my loved pets are to serve me and bring me joy. She hates that and says I am mean. I say I cannot afford her method. Her response is the same every time, "I would live in a cardboard box to make sure they have what they need". Oh yes this has been happening for 8 years now between us....then we go out to lunch
    Oh yeah, I have friends like that.

I participate in rescue because these dogs bring joy to my life. I dont do it because “they must be saved and I am the saviour.” When they stop bringing me joy I will discontinue my participation in bulldog rescue.

I have kept beyond what is bringing me joy as long as they were not suffering. When I had 2 old dogs each on 4 meds 3x's/day that was not fun. Mainly because it wasn't just pills. One was liquid and shot down the throat. One a dog can smell no matter what you hide it in and tastes nasty. That had to be melted in hot water and poured down her throat. One had dementia and peed and pooped everywhere the last 2 years of her life. I has a 3rd where her backend didn't work well so she peed wherever she was. None of that was fun but all were small and still enjoyed life. I will not live in a cardboard box for my pets. The older they get the less willing I am to spend lots of $ because they are coming to the end of their lives.

"The Bitsy Syndrome" that is my title for things now that I loved really loved and then the situation became a curse. My Bitsy my chihuahua I had put down at 8, a good 1 and 1/2 years to late. I took her to a different vet one day with my list of issues, Night Terrors and having to be put in a playpen, to potty pads, to going outside and staring at the sky to bumping into walls... The new Vet looked at me and said this dog does not even know you she has dementia. I wish the past Vet at the time would have been so honest 1 1/2 year earlier

SO now anything not just pets in my life when I feel it could become the Bitsy Syndrome I tell myself cut the cord before it is too late.

Thread Information