Thread: update on work

update on work

It has been a little while since I checked in, and here it is

* I made one big mistake this winter season, I am on an improvement plan for it, I can't really argue, at least I didn't get fired
    * I disclosed a little of what I have been struggling with, basically that I was struggling to begin with, seeking help
    * I am renewing my teaching license, the fingerprints are being processed right now
    * There is a teacher job fair today that I took time off work for, and feel okay about (didn't research all the positions and schools but have resumes and cover letters)
    * I feel so stressed every day about the perception that I am making a mistake, conscious or unconscious I feel my boss is basically after me, but that has been all year, before this my biggest mistakes were slightly being late on things however I still got write ups for them and the reputation of being defiant long before my mistake
    * I had a payroll thing he told me about in our last check in, he said that the payroll person had contacted him, She will contact me directly if she has a question usually, but I called her and she said she had not contacted him at all, and he had not contacted her, so a lie or major confusion?
    * he told me to change something in our last meeting on a flyer (related to my mistake), I did it in front of him, I got an email the next day pointing it out, cc'ing his supervisor and saying if it was not changed there would be disciplinary action
    * he said a nice thing about some of the serious behavior issues I updated him on, my assistant said he should have said things like this all year

My gut feeling today says RUN! but most likely the teacher jobs will not be available until fall. I realized that I can get cashed out for vacation but I will need to cover health insurance from that. So planning and planning, I would be more comfortable sticking it out through the school year if I didn't feel this threat, nice to my face and follow up email that says disciplinary action

Can you “reply all” and say something like “thank you for your reminder concerning the change, but I am confused. I made this change during our x o’clock meeting yesterday. You didn’t mention any further corrections at the time. Is there something you noticed later that still needs to be corrected?” (Thank you, yada, yada....)

good idea CL, I did send him both a copy of what I send for the school Thursday folder and a copy of the actual Thursday folder email to verify that I have not advertised any community use programming. The problem was that both providers needed certain signatures and paperwork by a certain date and did not have them. The guitar program was messed up and my fault, the soccer program I handled correctly but still am being checked up on.

I really hope you find a new job soon. The conditions you are working under sound really horrible. I can't imagine the pressure you feel with being under the microscope.

Thank you, I am feeling the pressure which can trigger more of my symptoms and cause that cascade effect. People are noticing it in my demeanor when I go to the main office. I basically am really unsure, simple things like returning all the play costumes for the choir teacher I expect to be questioned, I am backing up all my emails off my work computer, I am tracking what I do all day, every day. My colleague has had to do that.

I also have my exit interview all ready really. I may be in the same district so I feel I need to be professional, plus losing my cool does not encourage anyone to listen to me.

Thread Information