Thread: teacher job fair

teacher job fair

Okay I went to the teacher job fair this afternoon. I am okay and super nervous. I talked to about 7 people and a couple seemed to connect with me. I also saw the person who ran the resume and job search training at our department and she remembered me and encouraged me to go to more schools tables.

The connections I made were based on my background in mindfulness work. So there was some teaching questions, and a lot about working in the culture and reality of our urban district. I could speak to those parts pretty well. One principal said he would call me, and I think he meant it. A technology job was very promising. Still a couple charter schools had 2 years minimum teaching experience I found out later. Of course at my age everyone would assume that I have been teaching awhile instead of coming in new.

Please send good thoughts, today was a day I wanted to leave immediately and I can't. I have my brain DR appointment on Monday so maybe we can treat the anxiety a little. It isn't helping to get my job done. Meanwhile my colleague broke her foot on Monday, she called our supervisor, he didn't answer or come over, and then 5 girls got into a physical fight after school because they were short staffed.

Most definitely sending you good thoughts, Zoe Girl. I hope something good falls into place for you soon!

So glad you went to the teacher fair. Hope you get a new job soon!
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

ZG,

Sending you my best thoughts, second day running!

Thread Information