Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else having Norton catch something bad when opening this site up on Firefox?

Anyone else having Norton catch something bad when opening this site up on Firefox?

We're having problems with using Firefox, but every time I try to open up Simple Living, Norton catches something bad. Anyone else?
    It's the same thing every time.....something with a long line of letters and numbers.

I'm getting that too f_03afe5
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Yes I've been getting errors. Yes I use Firefox as my default browser. I don't use Norton as an antivirus (have before but what a pain) but I'm getting security errors nontheless.
    Trees don't grow on money

Yes, I'm getting messages from Norton that string of characters "is unsafe and has been removed."

Also, is anyone else having problems with Firefox like pages not completely loading? DH has sent an email to Firefox asking what's up but I doubt he'll hear back from them. It's really frustrating. I know it's Firefox because when I use Internet Explorer it doesn't happen. Up till now I have preferred Firefox but not if this keeps up.

When I connect with simplelivingforum using Microsoft Explorer, the message I get from Norton is "courier[3].wasm is unsafe and has been removed".

I looked it up in Symantec Technical Details. Threat Name is PUA.WASMcoinminer. Windows is affected. As I understand, a JavaScript coinminer is loaded into the browser and then works on coinmining while I am connected to the simplelivingforum webpage. (But I believe Norton removes the threat before any coinmining takes place.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5VMZqgVzRo

Yes, I'm getting an error message. I'm on Chrome.

I wonder if Alan is away? Sounds like it's definitely coming from Simple Living.

Plus.....I'm still getting a re-direct thing almost every time I go to Simple Living on my iPhone. It takes me to some place that I can't get out of, other than turning the phone off and trying again. That's been going on for months now. Someone else here had that problem for awhile........Can't remember who it was.
    I wonder if she still has the problem?

I just want to add that Norton is saying "f-011b6a is not safe and has been removed". It says it every time I enter this site.

I'm not seeing any of the problems mentioned, although I've just submitted a trouble ticket with our host. Awaiting their response.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Thread Information