Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: My year of sports fandom!

Quote Originally Posted by Tammy View Post
    You should choose the Arizona diamondbacks! I’m not a fan but I love going to their games. For a few years I lived within sight of the stadium and we would walk to a game now and then. Watched the home game Friday night fireworks from our apartment.
    Tammy:

Since I lived out in AZ the Diamondbacks are on my list, as are the Cardinals, for teams I am considering rooting for.

The other options are the Orioles, as I already attended one of their games, against the mariners, I think (but I can't remember). So I think it would be reasonable to choose the Orioles.

But I have lived in Philly too, so I could pick one or more of those teams too.

Cleveland and Cincy are close, so those are the most convenient options.

But picking the AZ Cardinals could mean I could travel to AZ for a game during the cold OH autumn. haha

Ah, Sort of an arranged marriage....

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken lady View Post
    Ah, Sort of an arranged marriage....
    In a sense, sure. It'd be tough for me to really buy into the whole thing. So it'll probably just be an interesting year, from which I will emerge with some amusing stories. haha

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post

The experiment is mostly about fandom rather than actually playing the sports.
    This reminds me of my years of fascination with Diana, Princess of Wales. It was more The Cult of Diana that was interesting than she herself, a not too smart but an incredibly media-savvy person.

Tammy:

Since I lived out in AZ the Diamondbacks are on my list, as are the Cardinals, for teams I am considering rooting for.

The other options are the Orioles, as I already attended one of their games, against the mariners, I think (but I can't remember). So I think it would be reasonable to choose the Orioles.

But I have lived in Philly too, so I could pick one or more of those teams too.

Cleveland and Cincy are close, so those are the most convenient options.

But picking the AZ Cardinals could mean I could travel to AZ for a game during the cold OH autumn. haha
    Cardinals? Are you out of your mind?! Cubs!

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    Cardinals? Are you out of your mind?! Cubs!
    I think he means football Cardinals. Of course, baseball Cardinals WOULD be the correct choice.

Yppej
    I have played backyard football and baseball when I was a kid. But I have not played hockey. I am not much of a skater.

The experiment is mostly about fandom rather than actually playing the sports.
    Field hockey and basketball then.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Field hockey and basketball then.
    Playing sports might be another lifestyle experiment altogether. Time is short.

Yppej
    The good thing about basketball is you can go to pickup games at your local park whenever you have time, no commitment required.

Do major league baseball stadiums have sections in the bleachers for home team and visiting team? Like, are they separate? Anyone know?

Thread Information