Thread: turned in my notice at my apartment

turned in my notice at my apartment

It was a little harder than I thought, it is a really nice place to live. I almost wanted to put everything into staying, second job or something. However it is time to move, and that means more cleaning out and organizing and purging! What a big job,

Yarn and books, those are my weaknesses. But I also am going to hold those things that are special from my children growing up. Their dad will not save anything and it matters to me. I am okay with even renting some storage, still need to clean out quite a bit. It is hard to look at all these things you truly needed for years and then think of them as just going to goodwill in a mismatched jumble that maybe no one will use.

I am looking at studios and roommate situations.

If it was me I would prefer a studio to a roommate situation. Do your kids even want the stuff you are saving? I have given my kids what they want, got rid of the rest except for the photo albums which they want me to hang on too. There are probably only 6 of these so not a problem. I used to have a ton of books and not limit myself to between 20-30. When it gets past that amount I give them away to friends.

I'm sorry Zoe. I helped my sister move twice in the past two years, and moving can be pretty stressful. I hope you find a great new place.

If you have not already got to read the tiny Marie Kondo book on decluttering, I recommend it. Even if only to be thought provoking. The Japanese have always lived with little spaces. If you library has the graphic novel of her book, I enjoyed that one for a very quick read with pictures.

I highly recommend the MK books too!

And after having gone through the process, it also gives one a benchmark - if you KM'd two years ago and haven't used it since then perhaps it can be released too.

Thank you all,

I am not trying to be a simple living martyr, not too cluttery but if I want to save something then I will until I feel like letting it go. I realize that I have had enough moves and enough letting go for awhile.

Downsizing is tough. It can sometimes be enlightening when you find something you used to think was a MUST is now an anachronism, but there's no shame in renting a storage space for things that are important to you.

I hope you find a great situation! Are there many in-law/granny units in Denver? Seems like that would suit you.
    Best of luck!

Thread Information