Thread: At last I have a kitchen

At last I have a kitchen

We have been three months without a kitchen while we remodeled but yesterday DH finally hooked up the plumbing to the new sink and dishwasher after having countertops installed. We had been getting by with a wet sink in the basement, fridge and stove on another floor and pots/pans/food all over the place. Many, many trips up and down stairs just to make a meal, fill ice cube trays and clean up. So odd but wonderful to have everything all in one room again. I thought I was going to lose my mind but now all the dust and discombobulation is just a bad memory. Yeah!!

That is grand!

we will be installing a new kitchen in our weekend house, but it will be fine because the old kitchen will be functional on one side of the house while the new one goes in. So, not bad. But the existing kitchen is weird and I am in the process of getting used to it.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 3-25-18 at 8:14am.

How wonderful, enjoy!

Wonderful!
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

That sounded like it was not fun at all. Enjoy the new kitchen!

Have fun and enjoy your new kitchen! What did find the most satisfying part of your new kitchen when you first tried it out?
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Good for you, Pinkytoe!

The most satisfying thing was having a real sink again - 31" wide single bowl that is very deep. And ample countertop space. And not having to go up and down stairs to fill ice cube trays. If we get a new fridge at some point, then there will be an ice maker but for now just having the sink a few feet away from the fridge is a luxury.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkytoe View Post
    The most satisfying thing was having a real sink again - 31" wide single bowl that is very deep. And ample countertop space. And not having to go up and down stairs to fill ice cube trays. If we get a new fridge at some point, then there will be an ice maker but for now just having the sink a few feet away from the fridge is a luxury.
    The steps saved are wonderful especially if one avoid stairs as well. Have fun with your new kitchen!
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Thread Information