Thread: position open at the site school I work at!!

position open at the site school I work at!!

Okay I have applied for positions at my host school before, never even got an interview. So disappointing. However I am still going to give this a try. I think I have good relationships with everyone in the school, I have 2 people I will share more personal things with and the rest I say hi to and ask questions and am in general a really nice person they can count on. A few of the teachers have been encouraging as I shared my plans to get back into the classroom after my after-school years.

The one thing that should really count is my support of our behavior issues! There are 5 people on walkie-talkies and they rotate who is the 'first responder'. There is an issue all day, all the time. I am not sure why we collect so many serious behavior issues, however it is way more than a full time job and most of these people don't have jobs next year because funding was cut (we have really low FRL numbers now).

Just wrote the cover letter, letting it sit a day and then editing, and lighting a lot of candles!!

I am hopeful that you land a better position... one that will be more fulfilling for you.

Yppej
    After Parkland they are going to cut all the positions dealing with behavior issues. Of course they couldn't cut your useless supervisor who must earn a lot more. I hope you get something somewhere else.

It might be healthy to get to a different district. I wonder how much of the dysfunction you describe is district-wide.

To be clear my supervisor and department are separate from my school site. We are still district employees and are based at a school but work for extended learning, that means the principal is not my supervisor i just have worked with her for almost 6 years now. We are losing funding because our free and reduced lunch rate is falling below 40 % and our scores are increasing.

I am applying to other districts, if i have the chance it would be good to get even a bigger distance.

keep moving ahead ZG!! positive thoughts coming your way.

I'm so glad there are options for you Zoe Girl. My strategy would be to apply for every job where I met the basic qualifications. Then know deeply in your heart that the best job for you will appear. I will continue to hlod that thought for you.

Thanks all, I was putting together a very detailed resume document in a website that posts a lot of jobs. Whew a lot of work. I also found my praxis scores (teacher qualifying test). The score was super high, I actually won an award for it. Not that it makes much of a difference when I look for a job, but it did boost my confidence.

Now back to applying to loads of jobs, so much work!

Yes, a lot of work but you are doing it for YOU. You are important enough to spend the time. Congrats on the scores.

Thread Information