Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Do you believe that the criminal justice system in the US should be reformed?

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    As a taxpayer I think this is all fine. But then, that wasnt enough for the local loud voices demanding justice from police britality and they want an independant investigation by an elite board of law enforcement officials operating from the state. Apparently this is standard in some other states.
    So are they wanting the St Louis police to go back under state control as they once were (and as KC still is)?

Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    So are they wanting the St Louis police to go back under state control as they once were (and as KC still is)?
    Hmm, I dont know what the Black Lives Matter crowd wants re state control.

I didn't read all the comments. I'm not sure it's the justice system that is most at fault, though I'm sure it could be improved. I would like to see prisons at least try to do some rehabilitation. We're spending a fortune on prisons that seem to be training camps for even worse crimes. I'm opposed to the "3 strikes" system.

In my area I see that low wages, lack of any kind of safety net, the closing of psychiatric hospitals, the authoritarian school system, and even things like crappy food and housing as great contributors to crime and violence. I think these complicated social factors are the root of our problems.

Still, crime is at a lower rate now than in the past. I feel a heck of a lot safer on city streets than I did in the 1970s.

Thread Information