Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Flu

The Flu

Who the heck gets the flu this late in the season........and when no one else around seems to have it?

DH got it about 9 days ago. It was slow to grow. I thought I had dodged the bullet, but 4 days later, I got it and it was slow to grow. DH spent almost an entire week in bed. Only had a temp one day. Had a bad cough.
    I, on the other hand, got a high fever with horrible pains everywhere and a bad cough. DH went to work today, but is coming home early, because he can't miss tomorrow. We've listened to each other's lungs, and they are clear, except for some upper airway stuff, so it's not pneumonia. I'm 5 days into it and still feel really lousy with chills and then sweats. The temp got as high as 102. I can only take tylenol. The past couple of days it's just been 100, but today it's 99.2.....so maybe I'm on the mend.

I have a neuro appointment a week from Wednesday that I've waited 2 months for, so I better not blow it.

It's just so weird to have this so late in the season and not hear anything about anyone else having it.

Anyone sick around you?

Maybe we should consider the annual flu vaccine..........but I quit having them when one seemed to start my fibromyalgia, and I got the flu, pneumonia, ear infections, etc. So I've been a little vaccine-shy.

Yes, someone ar Daffodil show said they have had the flu for 3 weeks.

Mom said people are still getting sick at her senior independent living buildings. They are still taking precautions.

Just read an article to prepare for a late wave of flu. Sorry you're feeling poorly, Cathy.

I heard on the news there was a 2nd late round of flu and for people to not let their guard down. Had a friend's dad die from complications of it last week.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Thanks everyone. Now that I've been alerted to it, it sounds like it's popping up everywhere. I guess the flu at the beginning of the winter was Strain A, and this one is Strain B.
    DS is getting married in about a month. Here's hoping he doesn't get it!
    I don't know if it's the same for others, but DH's and mine started out very slow..just a scratchy throat and a little cough. It took about 3 days for it to rachet up. Then it's really bad.
    At least DH and I know how to listen for pneumonia, so we check each other every few days. So far, so good.

I had it about a month ago, but it came on suddenly. Sat. evening I was fine, Sunday I couldn't get out of bed. I knew it wasn't just a cold because my body was sore and all I wanted to do was stretch. No sore throat, just fever, heat/chills, and a cough that I'm still dealing with. My job only allows two days off sick without a doctor's note to come back, so I had to go in on Wed., which was too soon. Stupid rule where I work because it's at an assisted living facility, with vulnerable residents.

Even now, I still tire easily.

No flu in our house this year. I did have bad strep and my mom insists it was flu. I know the difference, definitely strep.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Mine arrived this morning, after threatening for a couple of days.

Ugh.

This flu is so weird. DH is mostly just totally exhausted. Unfortunately, he had to go to work. I thought I saw a glimmer of hope last evening. I actually had enough energy to do several days of dishes that had just sat there, and my temp was down to 99.2.
    But then my mouth dried out horrible and my head got all stuffy and I sneezed alot. Today I'm feeling crummy again and have a big cough. Very strange virus. And drinking tons of water doesn't seem to help anything.

Thread Information