Thread: Interview went well and i survived

Interview went well and i survived

So the interview yesterday went well i think. A group of 7 interviewed me! I felt not awesome for awhile with typical teacher questions, but then got into the mindfulness education part and finished strong. Not sure when i will know.

Meanwhile had my improvement meeting, sup showed up with wronf version of plan with massive typos. His sup made him get the correct one. I felt okay about it, the part where i create inefficiencies in my work and that is why my work load is high was not unexpected however it did piss me off, meds helped a lot. And meanwhile i was furious, i was left short staffed for a camp day yesterday for program with special needs student, i was not allowed to get my own staffing, the sups were supposed to tame care of it and we were at risk imho. I got 20K steps (typical is 10K). My sup said that was great that i got exercise, g. I went up the chain on this one.

YEAH! I got a second interview of sorts, I am going in on Friday to do a demonstration lesson for the position. Whew, very nervous but feeling good. Mostly nervous about technology and all that but I get to practice today after school because we use the same program at our site (which probably got me in the door).

Wishing you well. You have the knowledge, don't doubt yourself.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Good news. Sounds like progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Girl View Post
    YEAH! I got a second interview of sorts, I am going in on Friday to do a demonstration lesson for the position. Whew, very nervous but feeling good. Mostly nervous about technology and all that but I get to practice today after school because we use the same program at our site (which probably got me in the door).

Best wishes, exciting news, sending good vibes your way ZG.

So, how did the demo go?

I would say medium, the kids were really different than my current school. I got feedback that I knew the curriculum and it showed I really liked it. It took a lot to get the kids to share and talk but we got some conversation going .The down side was one of the observers noted i looked at my notes a lot. I was able to say that i was focused on following the script closely so they could see this curriculum as it is. They have the same curriculum to use at their school.

I am out of practice with direct instruction, and had an exhausting week. I hope i get the job, and will need to spend a lot of time practicing and getting to know the kids. Can't tell if i am being honest or hard on myself. I have a different interview on this Wednesday

I'm glad they gave you immediate feedback. Id say a "medium" is pretty good. That would be nervewracking to me having a group observe your teaching techniques.

I had a good interview today. The admin said she had 70+ applicants and was only interviewing the top 5. So that's good but still not a sure thing. If offered I'd accept. Great organization, small client base. Good money. A beautiful commute.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Oooh good luck. I talked about applying more but there has not been time the last couple days. As long as I am really busy the waiting is okay

5 weeks, 5 interviews, but I'll be honest, not all of them are great fits (I don't have an offer). I had a request to schedule two interviews in one day. No. If they can't wait even another day then no, because I'd just screw them both up even on the phone ... it's a whole psyching oneself to do the interview performance thing afterall.

Eh well there's a whole bunch of dysfunction out there in the job market, and people not knowing what they want, it's not all wonderful. And I do have a fair amount of desperation, well it's also nearly 5 months unemployed (and just got my first unemployment payment). It's not that I'm headed for homelessness, but one gets scared and wonders "when am I going to have a job?" ...

Though every time I've been unemployed it's lasted a while but most of the times I tried less hard to get work.
    Trees don't grow on money

Thread Information