Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dreams

I had a long involved dream last night about coming into lots of money and buying this massive 7 story home. Each floor was several thousand square feet. I was planning out how many staff we would need to manage it and which floor each of our kids would claim as their own. I was planning to put my husband in charge of the grounds, one son maintenance, One son bill paying, Daughter in law the kitchen, Daughter the wellness program, Son in law the technology, me the cleaning and laundry. This is based on our personal strengths and is logical. All with a staff member to assist each of us of course.

This was a very realistic long dream. I loved it. And of course I was in charge. Ha.

Last night I had one where I was in a van in a parking lot. Just hanging out, not actually living there but not going anywhere. Seems that I was okay but a little antsy about it.

Then I had a dream that I was at some training/conference and we had to go to the 9th floor for a training on contracts! Ahhh my nemesis is contracts. I got up there and a guy was questioning all my qualifications back to my high school grades. Perfect dream for the job search process, getting to the top and being questioned relates to feeling nervous about my qualifications and other things.

Seems like I dream more when I'm sleeping really well. Or maybe I'm just remembering them better since I'm more rested. When I'm overwhelmed in my awakened life, I dream frequently of drowning or seeing a tidal wave coming. I also have erotic dreams on regular occasions. Not sure what that's all about.

My husband has a recurring dream where he comes through a doorway and someone grabs him by the ankles and pulls him back. It always sits him straight up in bed shouting.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

I dreamt last night that I was on the beach with my dance group removing invasive star thistle. There was an enormous sort of island made of sharp black rock not far from shore and the waves would hit it and spew water up hundreds of feet. The sun was bright and made rainbows in the flying water. I had a red bicycle and rode it along the water edge on the hard sand.

It was a good dream

That's a wonderful dream.

I mostly dream of something I could never think of when I'm awake, eg. meet an old friend who moved to Czech Republic long time ago. I find dreams fascinating too, I can be more imaginary when I'm sleeping.
    “Salt in the air, sand in my hair.”

I have been very active in my dream state the past few nights, but just can't recall anything except bits and snatches of the dreams. I know in one I was buying medicinal marijuana brownies from my optometrist! In another someone was going on a plane for the first time and I was trying to reassure them how much they would like it once they had experienced their first time. Just bits here and there. I so wish I could keep the whole thread of a dream, but not often does that happen. Meanwhile I enjoy hearing about your's!
    "Like a bird on the wire, like a drunk in the midnight choir, I have tried in my way to be free." Leonard Cohen

Cannabis has some measure of effectiveness in treating glaucoma--could that be the tie in?

A friend of mine died recently. I dreamed that they were upstairs*, so I trudged up to see them, and I was disappointed to find them sitting there with one of their offspring, because I had wanted to talk to them alone. We didn't talk, I didn't identify which offspring it was, and truthfully, I forgot all about the dream--until i consulted some notes I had taken some time later. I was startled by the dream, because my friend's offspring followed them in death--unexpectedly--some ten days later.

*"Upstairs" seems to be a metaphorical reference to "heaven" or another dimension. My rigidly skeptical father, who didn't acknowledge my mother's near-death experiences when they occurred right under his nose, remarked not long before his own death "Did you know Mom and Dad were upstairs?" (There was no upstairs...) Deceased relatives and friends seem to form a welcoming committee to usher many of us to the next realm, apparently. Believe it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Cannabis has some measure of effectiveness in treating glaucoma--could that be the tie in?

A friend of mine died recently. I dreamed that they were upstairs*, so I trudged up to see them, and I was disappointed to find them sitting there with one of their offspring, because I had wanted to talk to them alone. We didn't talk, I didn't identify which offspring it was, and truthfully, I forgot all about the dream--until i consulted some notes I had taken some time later. I was startled by the dream, because my friend's offspring followed them in death--unexpectedly--some ten days later.

*"Upstairs" seems to be a metaphorical reference to "heaven" or another dimension. My rigidly skeptical father, who didn't acknowledge my mother's near-death experiences when they occurred right under his nose, remarked not long before his own death "Did you know Mom and Dad were upstairs?" (There was no upstairs...) Deceased relatives and friends seem to form a welcoming committee to usher many of us to the next realm, apparently. Believe it or not.

Did you know about the death of the offspring before you had the dream and had just forgotten it? That is a very interesting dream.

I had also wondered about the connection to my optometrist and medicinal marijuana being used to treat some eye problems.
    "Like a bird on the wire, like a drunk in the midnight choir, I have tried in my way to be free." Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Sad Eyed Lady View Post
    Did you know about the death of the offspring before you had the dream and had just forgotten it? That is a very interesting dream.

I had also wondered about the connection to my optometrist and medicinal marijuana being used to treat some eye problems.
    No--I recorded the dream when I awoke, forgot about it, the death happened some ten days afterward, and I came across my notes just the other day.

Thread Information