Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dreams

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    No--I recorded the dream when I awoke, forgot about it, the death happened some ten days afterward, and I came across my notes just the other day.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
    - Hamlet (1.5.167-8)

That's so interesting, Jane.

I have read a couple of books about the afterlife: Dying to Be Me by Anita Moorjani is a very interesting book about the dangers of repressed desires; and Proof of Heaven by the neurosurgeon Even Alexander. I am very open to whatever might be, realizing that our own hardwiring for immortality could mislead us, but also our limitations in terms of only having our personal experience with which form opinions could mislead us--i.e., the 6 blind men and the elephant story. We are so limited.. it wasn't so long ago that we believed that leaching was a viable treatment option.

I've had some experiences that convince me that that what we can see, taste, touch, hear and smell is just the tip of the iceberg.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I agree about the iceberg--we have no way to even measure much of what goes on around us.

Leeching has been used successfully in certain circumstances in recent years, so...

"My own suspicion is that the Universe is not only queerer than we suppose, but queerer than we can suppose." --JBS Haldane

I've read quite a few books on related subject matter, but most of all, I trust my own experience and tend to keep an open mind.

I dream every night in color but seldom remember them. I’ve had dreams that I was with my mother and was terribly upset when I woke and remembered that she was dead.
    Before I retired, I frequently had frustration dreams that I was trying to go home but couldn’t get out of the building or couldn’t find my car or something else was blocking my way home. Not much interpretation needed there.
    And then there were the dreams that I had to take an exam but had not attended the class.

Quote Originally Posted by Florence View Post
    I dream every night in color but seldom remember them. I’ve had dreams that I was with my mother and was terribly upset when I woke and remembered that she was dead.
    Before I retired, I frequently had frustration dreams that I was trying to go home but couldn’t get out of the building or couldn’t find my car or something else was blocking my way home. Not much interpretation needed there.
    And then there were the dreams that I had to take an exam but had not attended the class.
    For a long time I had a dream that I needed to take one more Spanish class to graduate, but consistently failed to do so. I'm sure that indicates some stumbling block in my life, but I never figured out what that was.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    For a long time I had a dream that I needed to take one more Spanish class to graduate, but consistently failed to do so. I'm sure that indicates some stumbling block in my life, but I never figured out what that was.
    Gee, to me that is obvious. Your subconsc wants you to marry your SO. Lock him down!

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    [I]

I've had some experiences that convince me that that what we can see, taste, touch, hear and smell is just the tip of the iceberg.
    That is a perfect way to describe it. I totally agree.
    "Like a bird on the wire, like a drunk in the midnight choir, I have tried in my way to be free." Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Gee, to me that is obvious. Your subconsc wants you to marry your SO. Lock him down!
    Ha! I think my parents felt the same way. I didn't consider that angle; I just thought it was another "You failed at life" dream.

Oh a bad one last night, the kind that is going to stick with me for more than today.

I was with friends and we were on some property including an old farm house and we were going to stay in it for the first night. I was the one checking it out and in the kitchen I could see some kind of wild cat like a bob cat eating a litter of kittens. It was super messy, basically the wild cat was mopping the floor with kittens while eating them. I shiver thinking about it. So then we go inside to choose bedrooms, in one room the bobcat is under the covers. No one seems to be as scared as I am. We find some rooms with a double bed and a single, and I ask to stay in the same room as them (they are a couple) because of the wild cat.

Not getting that image out of my head anytime soon.

Had another travel nightmare dream. Came back from a trip to France, but realized I had left my suitcase there. Had to go back to get it. I went all the way back, saw the suitcase, but then I couldn't remember what time my return flight was.. and started to panic, thinking I would miss it. So I hurry out to the airport, not knowing if I've missed the plane or not, only to realize when I got there that I forgot the suitcase again!!

Woke up, profoundly relieved it was a dream.

Went back to sleep and dreamed that I met CathyA in person, and (as expected) she was so nice and we had a great time together. (no kidding--I really dreamed that). I wish THAT dream would come true!

And I didn't even have pizza for dinner (pizza usually provokes really strange dreams for me).
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Background - my passed away in August in her home. My brother and I have just about everything settled - supposed to close on the sale of the house on May 15. Have been fussing with repairs, etc. My dream early Monday morning - I was over at Mom's house and there was still some of her stuff piled around (it's actually empty). There were some other people there - not family. Mom walks into the living room from the back and wanted to know what was going on. I, of course, was surprised to see her. I tried to explain that we were just about ready to sell her house. She, of course, said Nope. I was frantic trying to figure out where to move her and how to pay her back for all of the other assets already distributed - I remember trying to text my brother and the Realtor! She was fully ambulatory in my dream (had to use a walker with great difficulty the last few years of her life).

Sorry, Mom. We're selling the house.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

Thread Information