Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's your wildest dream?

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar

What's your wildest dream?

I have two, actually.

A). Workers go on a nationwide strike and shut the economy down for more money to trickle down from the top 1% (and I do believe I may live to see this happening), and

B). Become the host of my own talk show, Live From The 85006 (won't happen, it's just a dream is all). What are other people's wildest dreams? Rob

Rob that is cute and funny, the talk show thIng. I never would have thought that would be someone’s dream. Interesting!

well, a recent dream of mine has been to donate around $20,000 -$50,000 to my neighborhood association for the purpose of drafting an urban plan. But there is a catch—they must hire my friend for that work. She led the last effort at no cost because she was the neighborhood President. That was 16 years ago. She now is in a related business and she would do an excellent job. But my main interest in this is that her involvement would piss off somene very much and that would be delicious. DH will not let me spend that kind of money for a revenge action.anyway, the plan has since been created and the need has been filled.

I will also add that the talk show is hardly a pipe dream. you could have a You Tube channel of your talk show. Hopefully it would be better than Wayne’s World.

A few decades ago I envisioned a dream life of having a hospice ranch for senior and ailing bulldogs. But I look around my house every few years and see I am kinda living that dream, haha.

Winning the lottery? Ok less boringly, I have also had a dream of buying property, a vacant lot, and turning it into a local community garden (of which are in woefully short supply here compared to demand). Doesn't mean it's reasonable ... though I thought it might be after the last housing bubble burst but ...

Host of one's own talk show may be best possible through youtube, but if you have community or other college radio, or something like Pacifica radio, it is possible to get involved in making shows (depending on how much time one really has to give to that).
    Trees don't grow on money

I am not thinking very big. My big dream is that U.S. Citizens and their elected officials come together to attack our country’s debt, install a period of tightwaddery, solve the debt problem, and re-jigger the annual budget.

If the re-jiggering mcludes universal healthcare dor all, I would support that. I would possibly support growth of other social welfare programs if the budget was balanced.

My wildest dream is to live another 90 years in good health so I could get at least 2-3 more careers in.

My "world peace" dream would be to roll back the environmental degradation. I don't want technology to "fix" it. I want it to go back to the unbroken way in which God gave it to us. And I would also love for us to adopt a culture that supports the web of life as opposed to raping it.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

To be truthful, I have been living my wildest dreams. When I was younger I read the book "The Magic of Thinking Big." It gave me the impetus I needed to do the things I didn't think were possible. I got a job/career that enabled me to travel the world (because of wages and time off) and the option to retire earlier than I would have otherwise. It opened my eyes on how to decide what I actually wanted. The main thing I do not have total control over now is my health. Genetics play a large part. So basically, my wildest dream is just to fall over dead when the time comes... no suffering or pain. Otherwise, I have lived my life on my terms. It has been an awesome ride!

I have been living many of my wildest dreams already, in a Buckaroo Bonzai-like fashion.

For my wilder dreams to be realizeable, we need significant technological advances, so I can live nearly forever or transfer my consciousness into a series of long-lived constructs, for I have so many dreams.

In my dreams:

People who fret that "these are the most divisive times in history" are magically transported to 1968, or better yet 1863.

I wake one morning to discover a pyramid of skulls in my driveway constructed from everyone who ever cut me off in traffic.

People are judged by the content of their character rather than their zip code.

There is an annual Nobel prize for barbeque.

They bring back "Firefly".

The President signs a balanced budget bill into law.

My dream: I live on a tropical, unspoiled beach with two wives and I have excellent health until 75 when I die quietly and easily in my sleep; I fish daily, have hot sex nightly with one, the other, or both of my wives, eat good food, read great books, chill out with my dog, and laugh often.

Thread Information