Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What's your wildest dream?

My dream is somewhat self-centred but I would love to travel around the world slowly and savour the diversity of culture, thinking, music, food, history and in turn, encourage those I meet to cherish their uniqueness and wonderful individuality that is so essential in any society.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    My dream is somewhat self-centred but I would love to travel around the world slowly and savour the diversity of culture, thinking, music, food, history and in turn, encourage those I meet to cherish their uniqueness and wonderful individuality that is so essential in any society.
    I personally really like your dream and don't find it self centered. To go forth in the world and truly appreciate the diversity you encounter is a beautiful and noble thing in my book. Rob

Razz, I'm with you I want 3 months everywhere....and no financial worries.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I will also add that the talk show is hardly a pipe dream. you could have a You Tube channel of your talk show. Hopefully it would be better than Wayne’s World.

A few decades ago I envisioned a dream life of having a hospice ranch for senior and ailing bulldogs. But I look around my house every few years and see I am kinda living that dream, haha.
    IL, I just wanted you to know I am thinking over your idea to start a youtube channel.....trying to get a few folks in the 85006 on board with me and see if this could be something that is both interesting and fun. We'll see. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    IL, I just wanted you to know I am thinking over your idea to start a youtube channel.....trying to get a few folks in the 85006 on board with me and see if this could be something that is both interesting and fun. We'll see. Rob
    Ok, glad to hear that!

Quote Originally Posted by Gardenarian View Post
    Sounds good to me, CathyA.
    My wild dreams also are to walk without pain. Getting my hearing back would be a fine thing.

I imagine some sort of epidemic which makes almost everyone infertile. We have a chance to plan a future for the next, much smaller generation - and the Earth has a chance to recover.
    The land where almost everyne is infertile is the land of The Handmaid’s Tale. It is not a good place.

Yppej
    Since it seems unlikely I will ever have a grandchild, sometimes when I see the Syrian war orphans I wish I could take one in, and be a better parent than I was the first time around, but that would involve a lot of other wishes too like more energy and better finances.

Hello!

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    100% agree. Additionally, I would like to have a remote cabin, where I can spend time in nature away from it all to recover...

Regards
    Jay

I dream of tracing my most recent ancestors' path across the country from east to west, visiting all their graves. Then visiting their places of origin (maybe even where they actually lived) in Ireland, England, Sweden and Norway.

And I also have a wild dream of meeting Rafael Nadal.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Thread Information