Thread: Making calls on cell phone for free using Hangouts - Know of a good youtube lesson?

Making calls on cell phone for free using Hangouts - Know of a good youtube lesson?

I am very low tech so many thanks for your help.

Have an android phone on which I have downloaded google voice, hangouts, and hangouts dialer. I have secured a google voice phone number.

Now how do I configure settings on phone and all above so I can actually call people using wifi?

Online google "tech support" websites are awful.

I've found some youtube videos but they fly right over my head. My hunch is the techie teachers skip some steps they think so basic one need not say and demonstrate them.

Nope, I need every baby step.

If you know of a good tutorial, I would be very appreciative!

TIA !!!

I used this service for a bit when it was Google Voice, I think it switched to the Hangouts platform a few years ago.
    It's pretty simple, just go into Hangouts settings and link your Google Voice number to Hangouts, then to make a call, follow instructions located here: https://support.google.com/hangouts/...id&hl=en&oco=1
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by profnot View Post
    I am very low tech so many thanks for your help.

Have an android phone on which I have downloaded google voice, hangouts, and hangouts dialer. I have secured a google voice phone number.

Now how do I configure settings on phone and all above so I can actually call people using wifi?

Online google "tech support" websites are awful.

I've found some youtube videos but they fly right over my head. My hunch is the techie teachers skip some steps they think so basic one need not say and demonstrate them.

Nope, I need every baby step.

If you know of a good tutorial, I would be very appreciative!

TIA !!!
    Look towards the bottom of the page. BTW here is ALL kinds of "classes" to become more "tech savvy."
    https://techboomers.com

I recommend the google phone, I've been using it for years on my laptop.
    Life Lessons From The Pennsylvania Dutchhttps://www.smashwords.com/books/view/804572

Thanks for your tips! Everything's configured and I've been making free calls via wifi! This will save me lots!

Yay!

Thread Information