Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: What have you made from something else?

Oooh, crochet hooks!

Fish screws out of the window track (trying to hang a little stained glass thingy.

Pull knit garment snags to the inside and work the ends into the weave. What a blast from the past that is!
    It is well, when judging a friend, to remember that he is judging you with the same godlike and superior impartiality. Arnold Bennett

I have a set of small silk cocktail napkins from Thailand - signed by some designer who disappeared in jungle over there - some story - but don't think they are actually worth much on ebay. Would like to repurpose them in something for the home. Anybody have suggestions? Thanks!!

Mrs-M
    Catwoman. Are the silk napkins patterned? What colour are they? What are the dimensions?

Well, this isn't terribly creative but...

i made a fruit-fly catcher with a jar half filled with beer (poke holes in the lid with a nail.) It's works like a charm when the compost bucket gets out of hand. Interestingly, the fruit flies prefer a good, full-bodied beer - I got nothing when I tried Coors Lite.
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us. -- Gandalf

Even fruit flys know what's good!
    Bad spellers of the world, UNTIE!
    formerly known as Paula P

My fruit fly solution--a no-kill version--involves putting something fruity in the bottom of a tall jar, then emptying it outside when it attracts a crowd. And emptying the compost bowl periodically. Which reminds me...

Saw on Facebook recently that someone made a pair of mittens from an old sweater. What a great idea. Might be able to make a matching hat if it is for a child...

Tussiemussie: Old sweaters are great. If you felt them a little, assuming they are wool, there are patterns for mittens and you can even line them with fleece. I have seen hats, bags, etc. also made out of old sweaters. They can be made smaller for little ones too.

I've an entire room dedicated to textiles & stuff for re-purposing... it's a bit wild in there! I routinely take apart & reconfigure lamps from various parts, felt wool yardage for weaving & sewing projects, unravel sweaters for re-use, etc. I love doing it.

http://media-cache-ec5.pinterest.com...FnguQBcW_b.jpg

Sweaters are great to reuse. I made a pair of these leg warmers/boot socks from the sleeves of an old sweater.

Thread Information