Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New iPhone suggestions?

I love my iPhone SE

Steve....thanks for that suggestion about T-Mobile. I'll ask Consumer Cellular about that. I got the bare bones service with them, just to back-up any problems with our iphones.......but when they all fail, it's not much of a back-up. It's only good if I can't find my phone or I throw it against the wall and it breaks. haha But each minute on the CC phone costs $.25, so I don't want to use it except for an emergency.

I do have to say that once AT&T came back up, everything is working fast and great. But.....I should still upgrade my phone. I just wish when AT&T was working on their cell towers, they'd tell us. We spent 2 days trying to figure out what was wrong with our computer and phones.........when it was all AT&T's fault. Gosh, I hate being so dependent on something........especially living out in the country with no really close neighbors.

Sadly, neither Consumer Cellular nor AT&T seem to broadcast their network status anyplace visible to the general public (like a Web support page) that you could get to through another means...

In your situation, though, diversity would be a boon, and moving the emergency phone to T-Mobile would help. If you do that, though, you might want to consider getting the service through T-Mobile directly: they have a PAYG (Pay As You Go) plan that runs $3/mo and includes 30 minutes of talk and 30 MB of data (text, picture messages, Web access) each month before you're charged extra. It's a better deal than CC, which, if I remember correctly, charges $10/mo basically to keep your phone number because all service after that costs money. The flip side of that approach is that it's simpler to get one bill (CC's) instead of two.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Thread Information