Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New iPhone suggestions?

New iPhone suggestions?

I can't seem to even use my iPhone for anything anymore. It's very old. It's a 5C.
    I don't want anything much larger, since I carry it in my pocket. Any suggestions? I'm sick, stuck at home out here in the country and can't even use my phone. I'm too sick to go to town and get a new one right now.
    Anyhow......any suggestions as to which one I should upgrade to?
    I can't even move my photos out of it. I think it got my illness.
    I know, I know.......you don't have to remind me I should have upgraded a few years ago.
    Fortunately, my computer is working today. Yesterday it was sick too. Yes, I still hate AT&T.

Thanks!

I have a 7 and really like it. I would compare the price between the 7 and 8 and see which is the better value. I use my phones until they are dead too. I never upgrade until I have too.

I got the 6Splus because I use it for emailing, reading online, camera, record keeping, note taking ... I use it for everything nowadays and found the weight somewhat heavy so not good for small pockets but great for everything else. I like to get a camera that is middle of the road, not the latest or greatest but which has the most features. I looked at the 7 but it was missing some feature i valued but I cannot remember what it was. The 6S and 8 had it but I was not going to spend $$$$ for the 8.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

CathyA, the iPhone closest in size to your 5c is th iPhone SE. Rumor has it that an updated SE will be released later this year, but even now it's a capable phone. It's essentially the innards of an iPhone 6s stuffed inside a case the size of the iPhone 5.

I had an iPhone 6 before my SE and have to say that I like the SE much better. I find it easier to hold (in or out of a case) and the phone is easier to manage single-handedly. The SE also has the virtue of being one of the least expensive iPhones currently available.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Thanks everyone. I got a bit of a reprieved about having to decide........as it turns out, the problem was with AT&T. Of course, they never say it's a problem with them, but last evening, all of a sudden all our devices started working better than ever.
    Steve......I've never heard of the SE. Does it have a number?
    I'm glad mine started working again, because I'm still recovering from this flu, and there's no way I could wait in line at an AT&T store, without passing out. Maybe next week.

Funny........but when my phone started working again last night, it had "LTE" up by the signal, which is really good.
    It was pretty scary having no way to communicate out here for 2 days. Glad my house didn't burn down, and I didn't have a heart attack.........
    I do have a Consumer Cellular back-up phone that is JUST for when my regular phone doesn't work. But guess what? They use AT&T lines..........so I lost that one too.

I keep my landline for just such emergencies.

I would've loved to have kept our landline phone. But we constantly had trouble with it and found out we needed a new cable sunk for about a quarter of a mile through our property and I chose not to do that. Plus I wasn't sure how long they would even keep landline phones anymore.

Our land line does not work when the power goes out as it is connected to Comcast...I've tried using it directly in the wall, but that doesn't do it either when the power is out. Cell phones. have to choose the right one to work from the house also. We have 3 Trac phones- one for the county where the one works, one for the house and most other areas except that western county and one OLD one for my husband- his works OK in both areas!

Our land line does not work when the power goes out as it is connected to Comcast
    That's not a "land line". A land line is wired in, ie the old Bell network. It works when the power is out.

Quote Originally Posted by CathyA View Post
    Steve......I've never heard of the SE. Does it have a number?
    The SE does not have a number; it's its own thing: Apple iPhone SE.

I'm glad mine started working again, because I'm still recovering from this flu, and there's no way I could wait in line at an AT&T store, without passing out. Maybe next week.
    Just throwing out there that there are other places to buy iPhones than at your carrier's store. Like Apple. Go with your carrier if you get a deal from them, but it might make sense to buy your iPhone from Apple, either at a Store (if one is convenient) or Apple on-line (which does sell refurbished iPhones at a good discount for which I will vouch completely). Apple also sells phones which are not locked down to any carrier (most carriers will sell you a locked phone which you'll have to ask to have them unlock).

I do have a Consumer Cellular back-up phone that is JUST for when my regular phone doesn't work. But guess what? They use AT&T lines..........so I lost that one too.
    In the past couple of years, CC has offered service through T-Mobile as well as AT&T. Depending on where you use your phone, T-Mo could offer better service. Or it may not. But, if it does, and if your phone runs on T-Mobile-compatible bands, CC should be able to send you a new SIM for free and move you to T-Mobile service to avoid that double-whammy.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Thread Information