Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Here's some hope..........really truly some hope and I never thought I'd see this!

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    For the record the crowd of people that leep telling rob (paraphrasing a bulk of posts here) ‘STFU and leave already’ are really tiring. If you are so insecure about this country that your best reaponse to someone criticizing it is to repeatedly say say ‘go ahead and go already’ the problem is with you, not him.
    Wow. Just Thank You. I mean this very deeply, too. Just Thank You, Sir. You have given me a little hope here. Rob

For the record the crowd of people that leep telling rob (paraphrasing a bulk of posts here) ‘STFU and leave already’ are really tiring. If you are so insecure about this country that your best reaponse to someone criticizing it is to repeatedly say say ‘go ahead and go already’ the problem is with you, not him.
    Rob is the one constantly claiming he is ready to leave and how terrible it is to live in this country. His bags are packed, we are just encouraging him to follow his dream.

Quote Originally Posted by dmc View Post
    Rob is the one constantly claiming he is ready to leave and how terrible it is to live in this country. His bags are packed, we are just encouraging him to follow his dream.
    And rob is doing things, including protesting and speaking out about the problems he sees with this country to try and make it a better place. The comment that promoted my post was not in the context of a discussion about what rob should do with his life. It basically said "love it or leave it" and came across as mere bullying, as have a number of other comments directed toward him that have done nothing to advance the conversation but instead attempt to shut it down.

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    Wow. Just Thank You.
    You're welcome. I just did my annual sexual harassment/hostile workplace training last week. Since my office doesn't have either, at least as far as I am aware, I figured I might as well put that training to use somewhere...

Quote Originally Posted by dmc View Post
    And rob is doing things, including protesting and speaking out about the problems he sees with this country to try and make it a better place. The comment that promoted my post was not in the context of a discussion about what rob should do with his life. It basically said "love it or leave it" and came across as mere bullying, as have a number of other comments directed toward him that have done nothing to advance the conversation but instead attempt to shut it down.
    Rob can protest all he likes, and when he gets to the other country that he dreams of going to, he can protest there as well. Separate issue from complaining contentiously about how horrible it is to live here. Human rights get protested for from this country to Tiananmen square (or many, many, other countries).
    I know several of us tire of the all police are bad. I've known bad ones (and witnessed a bribe), and I have known some, such as one who went from a hooker for drug money as a kid, to a LEO to help people. Things such as ride a longs and talking to the officers in his neighborhood have been offered, to try to get him to expand his mind, but he is fixated on spewing bile, and staying in his own "learned when I was eight" mindset.
    He has had some experience with expansion recently, with the job change and his neighbors saying he wasn't good, because he wasn't protesting with them, when he is trying to better himself. Why should we expect that should be the only area of his life that needs to see other sides, or why should any of us, not see other sides. When another side, just keeps expounding their views, without being able to reason, not emotionally rant, it isn't a debate, but the same as talking to a kid having a temper tantrum.

Thread Information