Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Here's some hope..........really truly some hope and I never thought I'd see this!

I second what LDAHL said. I have a pension but if someone was shooting at me I would not be thinking about that. Also both police and firefighters have much shorter life expectancy from their jobs which is why they get their pensions so much younger then other employees. The police from all the adrenaline that goes through their bodies during times of stress which is damaging and the firefighters from smoke, etc. Also many pensions are not huge. In NV the average state employee gets 20k/year and their SS reduced by 2/3's thanks to WEP. That amount of $ is definitely not worth dying for.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I second what LDAHL said. I have a pension but if someone was shooting at me I would not be thinking about that. Also both police and firefighters have much shorter life expectancy from their jobs which is why they get their pensions so much younger then other employees. The police from all the adrenaline that goes through their bodies during times of stress which is damaging and the firefighters from smoke, etc. Also many pensions are not huge. In NV the average state employee gets 20k/year and their SS reduced by 2/3's thanks to WEP. That amount of $ is definitely not worth dying for.
    In our state LEOs generally can retire between 50 and 55. And I think you’re right that people tend to overestimate the value of a pension.

Shaking my head..... shaking..... shaking...... shaking.....

About 6 months ago a group of college kids were in a car and stopped by a university cop. He asked them to all get out of the car which they did. One guy was very big (ex football player) and black. He was in grad school. When the cop saw how big he was he drew his gun and said if this thing goes sideways I am going to shoot this big F and then laughed. it was being recordedt as it was happening. The kids were not resisting in any way. Last I heard nothing had been done to the cop. It is this type of thing that is scary and years ago you never heard of police acting this way.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    About 6 months ago a group of college kids were in a car and stopped by a university cop. He asked them to all get out of the car which they did. One guy was very big (ex football player) and black. He was in grad school. When the cop saw how big he was he drew his gun and said if this thing goes sideways I am going to shoot this big F and then laughed. it was being recordedt as it was happening. The kids were not resisting in any way. Last I heard nothing had been done to the cop. It is this type of thing that is scary and years ago you never heard of police acting this way.
    This right here? To me, with proof (as you say this was filmed)this is worthy of a 1.5 million dollar settlement with the US government picking up any of the expenses involved with applying to immigrate to one of the better countries - including moving all heavy furniture and any RV's and autos - completely at the expense of the US government. This should be an instant termination of the validity of your presence in the United States with the United States assuming all responsibility for expenses incurred in starting over elsewhere.

Of course such will never happen. But the fact that nothing at all happened to the cop? Once again this shows you just how non existent respect is for human life with American law enforcement and why you never speak to a cop and why whenever you see a cop coming in the distance, you begin filming to protect yourself. American police have reached the point where there truly is no alternative unless one glories in the role of victim/potential victim. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    American police have reached the point where there truly is no alternative unless one glories in the role of victim/potential victim. Rob
    I believe some do.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    where did this happen. I could find mo mention of this in googling various ways. Can you link to the video or news story.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I believe some do.
    Not in the 85006 - here we stand up for ourselves, our rights, and the dignity and sanctity of human life. I will grant here and now that the Phoenix Police, though crooked and far from angelic, are not as bad as other PD's - New York and Sacramento being the most recent examples. If you reread my first sentence? You can't take the moral high ground and have any trust whatsoever in the police at the same time - the numerous illegal actions of various police departments nationwide, filmed and downloaded to social media the past few years for the world to see, preclude this from happening.

I only hope and pray that this bill in California to restrict the ability of police to use deadly force passes - it's passage would embolden Americans in other states to demand Human Rights at this most basic level - a level of Human Rights easily attainable in any other developed country. And the reason once again Human Life is not worth this restriction in the ability of the police to murder at will again was? I've yet in my many years in this country had a logical answer to this question and I've asked it many times over the years.

Thankfully, more and more Americans are asking this question every day now and I do believe that change is in the air. The level of public anger and disgust and distrust of the police is off the charts these days. Crossing fingers for Human Rights - to not be murdered by the police for no reason whatsoever - to be recognized by each and every state in my lifetime. Human beings deserve no less. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    Not in the 85006 - here we stand up for ourselves, our rights, and the dignity and sanctity of human life.
    I lived in "the 85006" for two years. There was nothing unique about it. In the theatre of Rob's imagination Phoenix is full of heroic figures taking on the forces of evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    In the theatre of Rob's imagination Phoenix is full of heroic figures taking on the forces of evil.
    While simultaneously relishing their status as victims of an oppressive United States, highlighting their plight and noble resistance in hopes of attracting a better offer from countries sorely in need of their presence.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Thread Information