Quote Originally Posted by dmc View Post
And 99.9% of the police would come to your aid if you were in need.
Ummmm......suppose you were to make a public speech to this effect in downtown Sacramento, California this afternoon? How well do you think such a speech would go over given the realities of the Sacramento PD? And your 99.9% statistic? Do you honestly believe many people in Sacramento would buy this at this point? Just sayin'...........but to be fair, I don't live in Sacramento. We all know where I live and we all know my zip code at this point. Here such a speech would not go over very well (though I don't believe you'd face violent consequences for making such a speech in the 85006) and nobody but nobody would buy your 99.9% statistic - matter of fact, due to what enough residents here have experienced, this one statistic would likely be the most off-putting and enraging thing you have to say.

Takeaway? We don't live in the same America realistically, even though this is legally and geographically so. In my America the take on police is very different from yours, a fact of which you can't talk away any more than I could talk away your pro-police stance. What to do? I don't have lots of answers but I will continue my activism as time allows and I hope this bill in California passes. What a human rights victory that would be!!! I'd even wear my nice outfit saved for a Trump impeachment to celebrate the passage of this bill, should it pass. Rob