Thread: Community center has free lessons

Community center has free lessons

There is a community center about 30 minutes from me that has free dance lessons, aikido lessons, pool table and other very low cost activities. The only cost is gas and that's low since I have a toyota tercel. I discovered the center a few weeks ago when I made the decision to get out of the house.
    Life Lessons From The Pennsylvania Dutchhttps://www.smashwords.com/books/view/804572

We have community centers here in Phoenix, too, and most of the activities are free to seniors. It's wonderful to have this resource and also that it's available to older folks at no cost.
    Good for you for getting out of the house and mingling!

Do they also serve lunch for a low fee? Ours the suggested donation is $3.50. I've had lunch there for a meeting or two and it's really good. There is everything from art classes, dulcimer, ball-room dancing, concerts, poker and other card games, yoga, zumba, and even chair volleyball. There is even a par-3 9 hole golf next door but I see they've raised their prices to $10 a round up from $3. They have medical fairs and a monthly scheduled foot Dr for those that qualify through council on aging. Last night a band played old 50's style and they served rootbeer floats. The parking lot is always full.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Around here the libraries also offer many things for free. I also check the nature centers.

Yes, lunch at the senior centers here is $2.50 and you have to put your name in reserve 3 days in advance. However, if you can't pay the $2.50 you are allowed to pay what you can, and if you forget to put your name down they will still feed you whatever's available.
    I haven't tried their lunch yet but they publish the menu a month in advance so you can figure out which days have your lunch favorites.

The big uproar here is that they cut back considerably on the activities for seniors during the summer. They say they need the classroom space for school-age kids who are on summer break. So summer is limited to lunch and whatever activity can be done in that senior room, like cards, bingo, or reading or just chatting.

Thread Information