Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Work clothes gone!!

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I definitely no longer wear blazers. I dumped my work clothes shortly after retiring. I just kept 2 pairs of dress pants and 4 dresses.
    Oh my, I haventworn a dress i n forever. Maybe I wore a skirt and top, long long ago.I fear that dresses make me look podgy*

* my own term, a mix of “pudgy” and “ dodgy.”

I'm keeping my black blazer for wakes and funerals.
    For dresses, I only do full length "hippie" dresses, and that is my hot weather go-to wear. I don't do shorts or capris.

Today I'm actually buying hose for an interview tomorrow. I haven't bought or worn hose since Sept 1992 when I left banking! I will have to update the wardrobe if I get this job. I've spent the last 26 years in jeans and capris!
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Good luck with your interview, Float On!

Thanks. She interviewed the top 5 out of 70 apps. I didn't get this one. Mixed feelings. Loved the job and company but not sure how I'd feel about the commute.

Quote Originally Posted by Float On View Post
    Thanks. She interviewed the top 5 out of 70 apps. I didn't get this one. Mixed feelings. Loved the job and company but not sure how I'd feel about the commute.
    Congratulations on getting an interview! What kind of job was it, and what did you wear? I have not interviewed in person for a job in so long, not sure what I should wear if I get an interview.

Since most interviews are phone screens for the first interview these days, you will dress up a LOT less than you think. Yes interviews used to seem to lead to jobs a lot more easily in the old days when they would actually bother to meet you in person as well (I don't really think talking on the phone is my strength either). But if in person: I wear a black pant suit and flats that match. It's aging slightly, but I look good.
    Trees don't grow on money

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Congratulations on getting an interview! What kind of job was it, and what did you wear? I have not interviewed in person for a job in so long, not sure what I should wear if I get an interview.
    I fully intended to wear a dress/jacket combo but got to looking around their website and noticed the director and upper staff tended to wear pants and blouses in every photo so morning of I switched gears and choose pants and jacket and was very comfortable while meeting staff and clients. It was for HR/Bookkeeping for a private retirement village. Staff was all long-term, people don't tend to leave unless they move. Oh well. I'll keep applying.

Quote Originally Posted by Float On View Post
    I fully intended to wear a dress/jacket combo but got to looking around their website and noticed the director and upper staff tended to wear pants and blouses in every photo so morning of I switched gears and choose pants and jacket and was very comfortable while meeting staff and clients. It was for HR/Bookkeeping for a private retirement village. Staff was all long-term, people don't tend to leave unless they move. Oh well. I'll keep applying.
    Sounds like a great place to work, and a good recommendation that people don't leave!

I think I may invest in a pants and jacket kind of combo. I have not wanted to buy anything at this weight but I guess it's better to own something that fits if something comes up. I am a believer in being prepared for whatever may come, at least one good interview outfit.

Thread Information