Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Extremely annoying coworker?

^^^ Sounds like a win-win for everyone....
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    Dig this: My extremely annoying coworker got a new job and turned in her two weeks yesterday.

Her new job comes with about $18,000 in salary increase (from $47,000 to $65,000). It also means an extra week of vacation. She has 3 now but will have 4 at her new gig.
    She wont last through the probationary period, most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    Dig this: My extremely annoying coworker got a new job and turned in her two weeks yesterday.

Her new job comes with about $18,000 in salary increase (from $47,000 to $65,000). It also means an extra week of vacation. She has 3 now but will have 4 at her new gig.
    Could you have gotten this job? But if it is in the private sector, that would challange your loan drone payment plan so probably not worth it.

Well this is a cause for celebration and not of the fast food kind.........lol

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Could you have gotten this job? But if it is in the private sector, that would challange your loan drone payment plan so probably not worth it.
    No, she spent the past year learning certain databases and software. She is not as dumb as people think. Most people on our team wanted to learn these databases and software. But they asked their bosses and they were told to wait. The annoying coworker went to the boss of another department and asked to sit in on his instructional sessions every week. So this new skill set helped her to get the job.

I don't have the skill or inclination for these databases and software programs.

She sounds like a resourceful and motivated person; maybe she blathered on out of boredom. I wish her well.

No, she spent the past year learning certain databases and software. She is not as dumb as people think. Most people on our team wanted to learn these databases and software. But they asked their bosses and they were told to wait. The annoying coworker went to the boss of another department and asked to sit in on his instructional sessions every week. So this new skill set helped her to get the job.
    impressive, still not a justification for letting everyone else down in the meantime (and that can also lead to getting fired in the meantime), but astute woman. I would have asked and waited. But those waiting people are probably bound to be failures in the long term.
    Trees don't grow on money

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    She sounds like a resourceful and motivated person; maybe she blathered on out of boredom. I wish her well.
    Yup, I do too.

Her last day is tomorrow. She had the best desk in the best location. So it was raffled off. haha

I will probably be doing her job until they hire someone new. Then I will probably train them.

Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post
    impressive, still not a justification for letting everyone else down in the meantime (and that can also lead to getting fired in the meantime), but astute woman. I would have asked and waited. But those waiting people are probably bound to be failures in the long term.
    The waiters are still waiting. haha

In her exit interview today she told me that she told HR they ought to give others on the team the opportunity to learn the programs she learned, and others, because we have on-staff experts -- some of which are already holding instructional sessions that have seats open.

Coming in quite late to this one, but once upon a time, I had a boss who used to stand next to me and fart. He was rather elderly and I've noticed among several elderly people that they tend to do that. I don't know if it's a case of "can't help it" or "don't give a damn anymore."

I'm glad this has worked out for you!

Thread Information