Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: While waiting

While waiting

What would you do while waiting to find out about a job? I will admit to taking a very mild ( 1/4 pill) dose of anxiety medication this weekend. But really do you keep looking and applying or just chill and wait? I have another interview on Wednesday so i just did taxes and housework this weekend, if i need to wait awhile i will probably keep searching instead of waiting.

Yppej
    I would keep applying unless you have so many interviews lined up it would be hard to fit another one in.

Someone emailed me about a potential job over the weekend and I agreed to talk to her because I have Patriots Day off whereas most businesses are open, so hopefully they agree to an interview then. It is hard when you are already working. I feel a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

I would Pray about it and read the bible. I believe God want the best for us and he knows the beginning from the end. I would also exercise. (A body in motion stays in motion) God and exercise, that's my answer for everything.

1 Peter 5:7 English Standard Version (ESV)

7 casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.

I consider Jesus my primary Physician, That makes me a
    hypochondriac, cause I go to him every day. If you can't raise someone from the dead, your still just practicing.

If you have already done all you can for that job possibility, continue working on the next one. It helps to keep a little anxiety at bay when you can focus on something beyond the current situation.

I could say more but the most important thing is to keep moving forward. There is anxiety in almost everything. Working at a steady pace and trying to keep both excessive hope and excessive despair out of your mind is necessary.

Keep Looking and applying, reinforcing your strengths in your own thinking. It helps to empower you and gives you confidence when you need it.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Do not take your foot off the gas. Keep doing what you were doing before this interview came along.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

I agree with Razz and Steve. Keep a goin'. This allows other good things to come your way, too, and helps build up your mind.
    Now to go follow my own advice!

I agree with others, to the effect that your seeking and pursuit of more satisfying work is not "on pause", until you receive an acceptable offer.

With the position you still have: you may be able to "do more of what is rewarding to you, and less of what is not".

Maintain perspective. Whatever the hiring outcome may be, consider what can you learn (and use in the future perhaps?) from your experiences with the interviewing, etc.

Getting taxes and cleaning done this weekend was a good choice.

Thank you all, and i am glad that i am not just complaining but instead really doing something about the situation, it is HARD work, not just in time spent but in mental and emotional energy. Keeping my head up, and hearing lovely things from all of you.

On a side note my long time staff said she is leaving if I do. My colleague said all her staff is leaving.

Thread Information