Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Raid/break in at Cohen’s office

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar

Raid/break in at Cohen’s office

It’s getting so the news and tweets are getting more interesting than a Tom Clancy novel.

I find it it extremely hard to believe that any judge or government entity would ask for or authorize a raid of the Presidents personal attorneys office without exploring thoroughly that it would hold up in court and there was compelling information that it would be worthwhile. I am fascinated by all this.

Maybe Mr. Magoo Sessions (Trump’s nickname, not mine) was involved. Who knows.
    so this morning I watched some CNN and of course they were frothing at the mouth with spinning heads. On Fox they were talking about...Hillary.

Unfortunately a very consequential decision is imminent on Syria and I just hope the decision is made with clear heads. Of course, not being privy to the top secret info the president and his surrounding staff have, none of us know the correct action, we can only speculate. I cannot imagine what it is like to be a Syrian at this point.

So now we have to see where this will take us. I have a hard time believing the attorney would make a secret to the client payment on behalf of a client, but I am guessing in those circles stranger things have happened. It does seem illegal, but of course not being an attorney who knows.
    And who knows if everything that was found will hold up in court assuming charges are coming.

More than anything I wish the president would shut up, keep his fingers off the twitter trigger and do his best to deal with running the country. He just cannot seem to resist the bait to send a tweet or answer a shouted question. Can you imagine being a career disciplined general and working for him? He has to drive them nuts. I am shocked they haven’t bailed.

According to news reports, this action was carefully planned and in scrupulous adherence to the rule of law--which Trump seems to disdain. Calling it a "break-in" plays into the hands of those who try to obscure its legality.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Ay carumba.....at least you can't say there's EVER a boring day under this administration, no? How I long for the relative peace and sanity of the Obama Years......Rob
    Last edited by gimmethesimplelife; 4-10-18 at 3:56pm. Reason: Edited due to typo that completely changed the gist of my post

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    How I long for the relative peace and insanity of the Obama Years......Rob
    You'd better watch your language Rob, from what you tell us of the 85006 you may be tarred/feathered and run out of town on a rail.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    You'd better watch your language Rob, from what you tell us of the 85006 you may be tarred/feathered and run out of town on a rail.
    LOL Alan it's possible that I may never say this again but here you are right. This was but an innocent typo on my part and I'm glad you caught it and called it out. I will go back and edit my post right now. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post

Funny. Good catch.

Alan, as one of the more conservative members here, do you have any opinion on the warrant? I personally hope they did it for the right reasons and legally.

They seem to have had a warrant and were acting within the rule of law. Without examining the warrant, and the affidavit submitted to request the warrant, reviewing the procedures used, and so on, my baseline assumption is that responsible adults were following the correct procedures in a case this sensitive, to the letter.

So I don’t see a problem, as of yet, or any evidence offered that there is a problem, with the search.

Quote Originally Posted by flowerseverywhere View Post
    Funny. Good catch.

Alan, as one of the more conservative members here, do you have any opinion on the warrant? I personally hope they did it for the right reasons and legally.
    I don't see any problem with the warrant or the way it was served. I am curious though what avenue Mr Mueller's team is exploring in this stage of the investigation. I've always believed that in investigations such as this, there are a lot of ancillary paths which become part of the overall investigation. On this path, are they still looking for evidence of collusion with Russia? That doesn't seem to be the case. Are they looking for evidence of campaign finance abuse? Possibly. Has the primary investigation uncovered the possibility of financial crimes by the Trump organization or perhaps by Mr Cohen? Perhaps. Is there any guarantee that Mr Trump will be damaged legally by the results of this phase of the investigation? Not necessarily. Is there any guarantee that Mr Trump will be damaged politically by the hysteria associated with this stage of the investigation? Absolutely.

I remain annoyed that our news/entertainment media spends so much time on speculation and innuendo designed to convince the various target audiences that there is more or less there there than the facts would dictate. I wish we, as consumers of those outlets, used more discretion in the formation of our beliefs.
    I'm reminded of the Michael Wolff book, 'Fire and Fury', and how Mr Wolff, when asked if certain assertions were true, replied something to the effect of "If it feels true to you, then it is true". I think that's the standard too many people use and exactly what the majority of commenters use to justify their opinions. I think we, as a society, can do better.

Sorry, I sometimes tend to digress..
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Alan, I agree with you 100%. The cable news shows, like CNN, Fox, MSNBC are no longer news shows. They are opinion panels.

I had the Zucherburg testimony on today. He would make a great politician. He was squirming when they tried to hold him to a yes or no answer. He wanted to blab on and on how it was consumers choice who to share stuff with. It was very interesting to say the least. My favorite was the Senator who asked him personal questions, like what hotel he was staying at. He was squirming, but the senator was trying to make a point. What is good for the goose is good for the gander.

I’m looking at my outdated copy of the Constitution, and I don’t see one of the Senate’s enumerated powers being “make a business owner squirm” anywhere.

Thread Information