Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Raid/break in at Cohen’s office

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    This all is a bit frustrating to me as my work has slowed down a bit - to the point where I can sit in the F and B office once in awhile and go online like I am doing right now. I just saw a headline of yahoo.com news titled "Mueller investigation closing in on Trump and he's no longer denying it" - Exciting stuff but I have only so much time these days and my chief concern is doing what I can legally to have my voice heard regarding passing this bill in California to strip police power in use of lethal force - this is my chief activist focus at the moment as this bill's passage may save many lives and also serve to lock law breaking police officers up for years.

To me, it's even more important to flatten police power to save lives than it is to get Trump out of office. But the idea of Trump squirming and being (FINALLY) cast into the role of Victim Against His Will -that very much works for me, too. Ay carumba, only so much I can keep up with and engage in activism against at once..........I'm sure many others will take my place at the moment in activism against Donald Trump, though. Rob

Personally i’m not as certain as Alan that Mueller is t still on the trail of russian collusion with this warrant. If Cohen was heavily involved in the negotiations of trump tower moscow one must wonder what transpired in those negotiations. If that’s what he’s looking into it seems likely that he would have had to present more than just the desire to fish in order to get the warrant approved on such a high profile case as this.

But at this point all those of us on the outside looking in can do is speculate and wait until the investigation’s conclusions are presented.

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    I’m looking at my outdated copy of the Constitution, and I don’t see one of the Senate’s enumerated powers being “make a business owner squirm” anywhere.
    good one. It was extremely interesting and very important. Always a power struggle going on over regulation, too much or too little, or none needed.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Personally i’m not as certain as Alan that Mueller is t still on the trail of russian collusion with this warrant. If Cohen was heavily involved in the negotiations of trump tower moscow one must wonder what transpired in those negotiations. If that’s what he’s looking into it seems likely that he would have had to present more than just the desire to fish in order to get the warrant approved on such a high profile case as this.

But at this point all those of us on the outside looking in can do is speculate and wait until the investigation’s conclusions are presented.
    Who knows at this point. There was even a story that one of the targets were cohen’s ownership of NYC taxi medallions. Certainly they run in different circles than I do.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post

I believe Mueller passed this case on to the DOJ office in New York; otherwise, he's not involved with it.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I believe Mueller passed this case on to the DOJ office in New York; otherwise, he's not involved with it.
    It's more likely it's something outside the scope of his special investigation, although since he's the one doing the passing along, he's definitely involved with it.

After all this time, I'm beginning to believe there's nothing to come out of the Russian collusion/interference investigation other than whatever sidebar incidents involving ancillary players that may be uncovered (but don't tell Rob he may never get to wear his special outfit, that would be such a blow to the 85006.).
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Personally I'm betting that like any good reality tv show, the most dramatic part of "The Mueller Investigation" will be the final episode. Anyone who/s ever watched even just one season of Vanderpump Rules or The Real Housewives of NJ knows that that final episode packs as much crazy as the entire rest of the season did.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    I’m looking at my outdated copy of the Constitution, and I don’t see one of the Senate’s enumerated powers being “make a business owner squirm” anywhere.
    wanted to add it does not make me happy to see him squirm. Or for people to be sued, jailed or indicted. Or people’s offices searched. Of course we should all follow the law. I think we are watching an interesting period in US history.

Thread Information